Laser eye surgery

Health, well-being, medicine, aging.
faith177

Laser eye surgery

Post by faith177 »

Wondering if anyone has had this done with very bad eyes? I am around a -6.50-7 in both eyes with an astigmatism and wondering about prices and experiences. Thanks
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: Laser eye surgery

Post by Silverstarqueen »

I had laser surgery to treat a retinal tear (in the hopes of preventing a full detachment). Worked like a charm, did not quite save 100% of my vision but pretty nearly and much better than the alternative. Took about ten minutes altogether, maybe five minutes or less of lazering. But I'm not quite brave enough to do it to improve vision.
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

-6.5 diopter is an easy fix for eye surgery and so long as your eyes are healthy, you should expect perfect results. Saying that, depending on your age, if you are over 40 you’d naturally be losing near-sightedness and may have some choices to make with your surgery. I had bad eyes 15 years ago and my eyes are still good today.
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
Teddiz

Post by Teddiz »

yes went from 20/40 to 20/20 and 20/15
$2500 for both eyes (family discounted though)
the first week was pretty brutal in terms of pain which they give you percs for, and night time driving was hard for the first few weeks. after about 2 months my eyes completely healed and at 100%.

no downfalls, would do it again. the feeling to see perfectly without glasses/contacts is amazing.

Also go with the PRK if you are a candidate. that way you dont have to worry about your cornea flap opening up if you ever get into a brawl or play contact sports. You might take more time to recover from it but the rewards down the road are tenfold

Return to “Health”