So sick of this!

Temporary forum for information and discussion about fire situations in the Okanagan.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: So sick of this!

Post by the truth »

yup 10/10
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
April lady

Post by April lady »

Hmmm wrote:Most smokers are pigs. They don't care about themselves, obviously, or they wouldn't smoke, so why would they care about other people?

I'm sure a smoker would read this and think different, however people also lie to themselves often. If you care about YOU, than stop smoking. Who could believe you care about others if you do? small chance is all.

I am a smoker and not a pig...I do not smoke in my car or my home!!! I care about this beautiful valley that I was born and raised in...so stop the smart aleck remarks!
I hate forest fires with a passion as destroys the beauty of my home!

Selfish people, text, talk on phone, and throw out butts..

Smoking is a bad habit, just like drinking too much or whatever else you deem a habit!

You must be a saint!
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

no need to over think what the op is trying to say.its just the truth
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

Being a hater of anything is limiting.

The butt flickers are the same mentality as the goofs who chuck beer cans in the lakes and streams.
- ditto - boom box buffs who think that everyone wants to listen to their so called music at 2 a.m.
- ditto - straight pipe MC enthusiasts
- ditto - people who don't pick up after their dogs
- ditto - graffiti "artists"
- ditto - etc. etc. - pick your own pet peeve(s)
Then remember the old saying "people who live in glass houses..."

When you are thinking about fires, you are right, butt flickers are a problem. But it isn't smoking that is the problem, it is the mentality of the butt flicker.

Hot exhaust systems (especially now with catalytic converters) cause a fair number of forest fires - does that mean cars should be banned and drivers "hated"? Nope.

Anybody out there that doesn't do something stupid sometime? And sometimes not even realize it?

Here's an example:

When I lived on acreage I built a large pond. Landscaped around it using stone for edges and bark mulch between the plants. Looked really nice. One hot July Saturday afternoon, after two weeks of very dry weather, I looked out the window to see smoke coming off of the bark mulch right next to a stand of trees. The bark mulch had spontaneously combusted. I spent the rest of the afternoon hosing it down and Sunday removing it - and thanking my stars that it had caught when I was home. http://www.southelgin.com/index.asp?SEC=4A4C77EC-C733-4185-9FF8-24A618E6AA29&DE=BE290D08-9EA2-435D-AA10-D10BDE9C96A3&Type=B_BASIC

"Thousands of mulch fires are reported annually in every state."

So I guess we should hate gardeners, because some of them use bark mulch.
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

I like dash cams, I don't know if the higher end types 1080p can pick up tossed smokes but if it can that's awesome .
It's a good & safe way to report these dumba$$e$.
kumazatheef
Board Meister

Post by kumazatheef »

WhatThe wrote:Yes because pavement is highly flammable...

Yes, because there's no grass on the side of the road, and because passing vehicles don't cause streams/gusts to blow things around ... Seriously, think about it. Yeesh.

Wasn't there a fire on side of the road in north Okanagan somewhere recently? And didn't the Barry fire from years past start because of cig on side of road??
Triple 6

Post by Triple 6 »

Personal attacks and name calling won't be tolerated. I suggest a few of you stop now.
"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself." -- Josh Billings
Kingfisher59

Post by Kingfisher59 »

Me too, I even seen a postal driver flick his ash out the window in rose valley on Friday. There needs to be some examples set yesterday already. $1000.00 fine minimum for a starter.
JMO

Return to “2014 Fire Watch”