Deja Vu to 2003

Temporary forum for information and discussion about fire situations in the Okanagan.
FSmith59
Banned

Deja Vu to 2003

Post by FSmith59 »

I know it was sometime ago, but the 2003 fires really helped to launch the Castanet forum. I remember posting on here about the fire, in real time.

I was evacuated twice that year. 80+ homes in my neighbourhood (Crawford Estates) were burned.

This is obviously another above average HOT summer in BC.

I am now in Penticton and there are 3 fires burning in this area. And West Kelowna is dealing with another pretty agressive fire.

Does anyone have memories to post of the 2003 fire? It was definitely a surreal time.
samsquench07
Übergod

Re: Deja Vu to 2003

Post by samsquench07 »

I was living in Kettle Valley at the time. So I was evacuated. I learn to pack my stuff early now, because when they say get out, they mean get out.

In 2003, I was heading home to Kettle valley after days of the fire, and they shut lakeshore road off. I was left with the clothes on my back, for 2 weeks. Lucky there is always great help around
FSmith59
Banned

Re: Deja Vu to 2003

Post by FSmith59 »

Thought I'd get a few more replies on this. Mostly to do with the fact that 2003 really launched the Castanet Forums.

At the time, this was the place to get real time information, from other people posting.

Return to “2014 Fire Watch”