Freehold land mobile home parks

Business and professional recommendations.
occasional thoughts
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Freehold Land Mobile Home park

Post by occasional thoughts »

Do you have leases to support those sorts of market values?
ralphrob
Board Meister

Post by ralphrob »

Short term leases (year to year) governed by BC regulations. e.g increases are set by law

The resale values are commensurate with demand to live here. Market price.

Yes I know you can buy a new manufactured home for less than the market value BUT you cannot put it in Crystal Springs - we are FULL. The resale values simply reflect quality of living
ami2much4u
Board Meister

Post by ami2much4u »

ralphrob wrote:Short term leases (year to year) governed by BC regulations. e.g increases are set by law

The resale values are commensurate with demand to live here. Market price.

Yes I know you can buy a new manufactured home for less than the market value BUT you cannot put it in Crystal Springs - we are FULL. The resale values simply reflect quality of living

Oh really, that's why the prices of mobiles have tripled in 2 yrs? Has the quality tripled? I don't think so. People trying to get money out of any inflated market.
anniecat
Übergod

Post by anniecat »

Well ami2much4u, why would anybody sell for less than the going market rate? Inflated or not, the market is what it is and people are going to sell for what they can get and they shouldn't be criticized for it....and for those seniors who are able to make some money on their mobile in a nice park....well good for them!
Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one.
- Dr. Seus -
occasional thoughts
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by occasional thoughts »

No one would, or should, sell for less than the going rate. But if the land a mobile home occupies isn't owned by the resident, or on a long-term lease, the going rate may be suspect, as people all over Westside and the WFN are finding out.
Everybody wants to sell at the price that existed just before the next buyer realizes the price is a fraud, perpetuated by . . . who? I have my thoughts.
If an earlier post is correct and these homes are on year-to-year lease rather than a month-to-month, the residents have a slightly better situation than many others. Emphasis on slightly. Otherwise, people are buying and selling and living on the whim and good faith of the property owner.
beancounter
Board Meister

Post by beancounter »

The park at the corner of Ross Road and East Boundary Road is not on lease land; but I'm not sure if there are any pads available; or if there are "future plans" for this land.
sellingmystuff

Post by sellingmystuff »

I too have been considering this idea of buying mobile on freehold land where you own the land.
I don't like the idea of any park where the rent can increase and wouldn't buy in First Nations land.
Park it own evicted all owners few years back to develop land..
The one on Lenze road is freehold the strata is low about seventy dollars month.
You won the land is a nice park..I would consider it.
But it is 45 plus and no kids not even adult kids allowed.
That's why we don't go for it.
Adult kids still at home .
I would be interested in places in town in Kelowna too if anyone knows of any or if anyone selling a mobile on private land.
Otherwise I guess it's a condo next time.
binky11
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by binky11 »

We just sold our condo downtown, and bought in Crystal Springs in Shannon Lake. Looking forward to getting out of this concrete jungle, having a private deck and a view of trees, and peace and quiet. Not to mention a BBQ! It seems all condos are built on the busiest streets in the city. Pad rent a bit high, but the perks I am sure will be worth it. I do think it is the nicest well kept park from Lake Country to Peachland. Is a 55+ park however.
sellingmystuff

Post by sellingmystuff »

binky11 wrote:We just sold our condo downtown, and bought in Crystal Springs in Shannon Lake. Looking forward to getting out of this concrete jungle, having a private deck and a view of trees, and peace and quiet. Not to mention a BBQ! It seems all condos are built on the busiest streets in the city. Pad rent a bit high, but the perks I am sure will be worth it. I do think it is the nicest well kept park from Lake Country to Peachland. Is a 55+ park however.

What's the lad rent and can you do anything you want as far as landscaping the back yard..
I would want an above ground small pool deck and to landscape myself etc.
How expensive are they in there?
Thanks
binky11
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by binky11 »

Pad rent is just over $400.00. Doubt you could have a pool deck, strict rules in there, but that's why it's the nicest park in the okanagan. I could PM you there phone number if you wanted to talk to them, they could email you a copy of their rules. You do have to get permission to plants things, they take care of all front yard maintence. Plus there is an annual fee for sewer and water that is not included in your pad rent. We may end up paying about $100.00 extra per month, but the perks are worth it compared to condo living, for us anyway.
sellingmystuff

Post by sellingmystuff »

binky11 wrote:Pad rent is just over $400.00. Doubt you could have a pool deck, strict rules in there, but that's why it's the nicest park in the okanagan. I could PM you there phone number if you wanted to talk to them, they could email you a copy of their rules. You do have to get permission to plants things, they take care of all front yard maintence. Plus there is an annual fee for sewer and water that is not included in your pad rent. We may end up paying about $100.00 extra per month, but the perks are worth it compared to condo living, for us anyway.

Thanks for all the info ..
So about five hundred a month in fees yet you can't even plant your own tress or have an above ground pool in back yard without permission or maybe not at all?
Wow that's not for us then..
Too restricting and too expensive
Thanks anyway.
binky11
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by binky11 »

About $440.00 a month including water and sewer. It is an over 55+ park, probably not many seniors wanting an above ground pool. Low maintence is the key for this park. We will have NO maintence, which is what we are after. I am sure you can plant trees, but if they are in the front, you need their permission, as they do the maintence there.
For $440.00 a month, OUR needs will be met, a quiet private patio surrounded by trees, get to have a BBQ, central air, in a wooded area and away form the hot concrete Jungle downtown. A small pad of grass, small pet allowed. Can shower and flush the toilet after 11:00 pm LOL. Condo living is perfect for some, everyone has different needs. I want to see trees when I look out my windows, not another condo In my face. These perks are HUGE for me, and unless one has enough dough for a house in a nice area, this seemed to the perfect option for a measly $440.00 a month. Can rent or get a mortgage for that price.
I searched for three years, simply wanting a safe, quiet, private, cool place to live. All condos are built on busy streets, most no BBQ's allowed, can't enjoy your patio's, no yard, noisy wall air conditioning units, having to have additional units for bedrooms.
Where else can I get these perks for so little a month? But no, it's not for everyone. I will miss the convenience of being able to walk everywhere I need to go, including the lake, but I guess one can't have it all. I am so looking for forward to peace and quiet!
Hope it cools off before we move, what fool would move in this weather? He he
It's bigger than our condo....."... with a den, living room and family room, so more furniture to buy. But we have about 7 1/2 weeks, we should be ok. Oh and we have a senior size private garden in back yard. Lol
vinnied
Lord of the Board

Post by vinnied »

binky11 wrote:About $440.00 a month including water and sewer. It is an over 55+ park, probably not many seniors wanting an above ground pool. Low maintence is the key for this park. We will have NO maintence, which is what we are after. I am sure you can plant trees, but if they are in the front, you need their permission, as they do the maintence there.
For $440.00 a month, OUR needs will be met, a quiet private patio surrounded by trees, get to have a BBQ, central air, in a wooded area and away form the hot concrete Jungle downtown. A small pad of grass, small pet allowed. Can shower and flush the toilet after 11:00 pm LOL. Condo living is perfect for some, everyone has different needs. I want to see trees when I look out my windows, not another condo In my face. These perks are HUGE for me, and unless one has enough dough for a house in a nice area, this seemed to the perfect option for a measly $440.00 a month. Can rent or get a mortgage for that price.
I searched for three years, simply wanting a safe, quiet, private, cool place to live. All condos are built on busy streets, most no BBQ's allowed, can't enjoy your patio's, no yard, noisy wall air conditioning units, having to have additional units for bedrooms.
Where else can I get these perks for so little a month? But no, it's not for everyone. I will miss the convenience of being able to walk everywhere I need to go, including the lake, but I guess one can't have it all. I am so looking for forward to peace and quiet!
Hope it cools off before we move, what fool would move in this weather? He he
It's bigger than our condo....."... with a den, living room and family room, so more furniture to buy. But we have about 7 1/2 weeks, we should be ok. Oh and we have a senior size private garden in back yard. Lol

you say its very cheap living, however most people who are renting and looking to buy would have to make payments on the home, as well as pad rent, and the extra fees. How much was the purchase of the home?
[(4-Hydroxybutyl)azanediyl]di(hexane-6,1-diyl) bis(2-hexyldecanoate), ALC-0315 equivalent, is a ionizable, physiological pH cationic synthetic lipid that is used with other lipids to form lipid nanoparticles(LNP) for drug delivery, For research use only.
jamapple
Übergod

Post by jamapple »

and unless one has enough dough for a house in a nice area, this seemed to the perfect option for a measly $440.00 a month. Can rent or get a mortgage for that price.

So, is the trailer free? How do you come up with a measly $440/month? Unless you mean you will purchase a MH, and add the $440 to it?
vinnied
Lord of the Board

Post by vinnied »

jamapple wrote:and unless one has enough dough for a house in a nice area, this seemed to the perfect option for a measly $440.00 a month. Can rent or get a mortgage for that price.

So, is the trailer free? How do you come up with a measly $440/month? Unless you mean you will purchase a MH, and add the $440 to it?

Im gonna guess they bought the home with the sale of thew condo
[(4-Hydroxybutyl)azanediyl]di(hexane-6,1-diyl) bis(2-hexyldecanoate), ALC-0315 equivalent, is a ionizable, physiological pH cationic synthetic lipid that is used with other lipids to form lipid nanoparticles(LNP) for drug delivery, For research use only.

Return to “Referrals”