Fresh Farm Eggs...where?

Business and professional recommendations.
kingfisher

Fresh Farm Eggs...where?

Post by kingfisher »

Just curious if anybody knows a local farm on the Westside where you can buy Free Run eggs?
Nom_de_Plume
Guru

Re: Fresh Farm Eggs...where?

Post by Nom_de_Plume »

I don't know specific addresses but I've seen farm fresh egg sign on the across the street from corner of ellliot and glencoe rd in westbank
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.
~ Terry Pratchett
blondewithbrains
Board Meister

Post by blondewithbrains »

We have a woman who drops off eggs biweekly at Interior Savings, her business name is Elderberry Farm & Stables Eggs, her phone number is 250-878-0003. They are very good eggs! :)
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance -- it is the illusion of knowledge.
mee-mo87
Board Meister

Post by mee-mo87 »

Natural Harvest Vitamin Store has them in their cooler - 3654 Hoskins Rd., West Kelowna
Bestside
Guru

Post by Bestside »

blondewithbrains wrote:We have a woman who drops off eggs biweekly at Interior Savings, her business name is Elderberry Farm & Stables Eggs, her phone number is 250-878-0003. They are very good eggs! :)

Those from the stables are best... hens picking through the animal droppings for partially digested grain!
"Conservatives have whipped themselves into spasms of outrage and despair that block all strategic thinking" - David Frum
MommyOf2
Fledgling

Post by MommyOf2 »

I think you can get them at the bakery on Anders rd. for about $3-4 something per dozen. Last time I bought them there every one in the carton was a double yolk.There is also a place in Peachland up Princeton ave (past the food bank),the place that has pony rides.
Maudey

Post by Maudey »

The fruit stand on Paynter road has eggs for $4
omisimaw
Guru

Post by omisimaw »

Try Quality Greens by TBones... they used to carry them in the Kelowna store so maybe they have them on this side too...
Also in E Kelowna there are a number of farm gate eggs for sale.... one on E K Road just before heading down switchback to creek... and the EK Market gets them in ... you can call them
To be offended is a choice we make; it is not a condition inflicted or imposed upon us by someone or something else. - David A. Bednar
kingfisher

Post by kingfisher »

Thanks everyone...looks like lots of options :)
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

$2.50 in Coldstream.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
southernfrau
Board Meister

Post by southernfrau »

Elderberry farm and stables is up Trepanier Rd in Peachland. There is a sign noting the stables on the left side of the road. Go past Dryden RD which turns to the left, and keep going on the Trepanier Rd... You will come to it.
skidlips
Board Meister

Post by skidlips »

kingfisher wrote:Just curious if anybody knows a local farm on the Westside where you can buy Free Run eggs?

Not so sure anyone has free eggs! :137:
Rutland it is!!!
sixxonesixx
Fledgling

Post by sixxonesixx »

If anyone is fortunate to know about the lady in Summerland then that is where you can get the very best eggs. Not only the best largest eggs, but some of the purest real free run gems around. Most people say they have free run eggs but most are truly not. Many feed their stock pellets which are made from god knows where. I really never really cared too much until I tasted the difference side by side. In Summerland, their chickens have acres of fenced in land to eat bugs and such on top of a pretty healthy diet of bread crumbs. Her large eggs need elastic bands to close the carton almost every time. So do a little checking to what is being fed to the chickens before you say "they are the best".
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

I'm looking for farm fresh eggs in the Rutland or Kelowna area. Anybody you know of?

Edited to add: I'm resurrecting a VERY old thread here
Last edited by Lady tehMa on Nov 6th, 2017, 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I haven't failed until I quit.
Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Post by Anonymous123 »

sixxonesixx wrote:If anyone is fortunate to know about the lady in Summerland then that is where you can get the very best eggs. Not only the best largest eggs, but some of the purest real free run gems around. Most people say they have free run eggs but most are truly not. Many feed their stock pellets which are made from god knows where. I really never really cared too much until I tasted the difference side by side. In Summerland, their chickens have acres of fenced in land to eat bugs and such on top of a pretty healthy diet of bread crumbs. Her large eggs need elastic bands to close the carton almost every time. So do a little checking to what is being fed to the chickens before you say "they are the best".

Where do they get the bugs at this time of year?
Be careful when you follow the masses.
Sometimes the M is silent

Return to “Referrals”