Looking for wedding DJ or band, post your experiences!

Business and professional recommendations.
jolie542

Looking for wedding DJ or band, post your experiences!

Post by jolie542 »

Does anyone have good experience or recommendations on a DJ needed for an upcoming wedding? (Someone serving surrounding areas) Preferably someone that you have personally had a transaction with, were they reasonable to work with? did they play any songs you told them not to? Did they have good rates and good equipment?

Thanks in advance!
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Re: Looking for Wedding DJ or band, post your experiences!

Post by Captain Awesome »

Message Queen K.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Hi Jolie, Congratulations are you the lucky Bride?

If you are looking for a band which was described by a wedding planner as, "they are extremely accomodating" please look at the website for The Blue Healers.

They are here: www.thebluehealers.com

Thank you so much.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Jennybuns
Fledgling

Post by Jennybuns »

DJ Haymaker (Jeff I think his name is?) in Kelowna is absolutely awesome! He's been at a number of weddings I've gone to and he is by far the most funny, personable DJ and host. He will also MC for you too! Old and young just love him!! He also has tons of funny games to keep people entertained all night. I know he books way in advance though because he's so popular.. Never a dull moment with him!
Phoenix Within
Guru

Post by Phoenix Within »

in Vernon there's Rockin' Randy's for DJ's

for bands, try Casual Sax http://www.casualsax.net
So I love the Okanagan but it's a place best enjoyed from atop a very large pile of $100 bills. - Spocky
strwbrrydvl
Guru

Post by strwbrrydvl »

Jennybuns wrote:DJ Haymaker (Jeff I think his name is?) in Kelowna is absolutely awesome! He's been at a number of weddings I've gone to and he is by far the most funny, personable DJ and host. He will also MC for you too! Old and young just love him!! He also has tons of funny games to keep people entertained all night. I know he books way in advance though because he's so popular.. Never a dull moment with him!

I've also heard great things about him. He'll pull people from different tables to be partnered up. You end up mingling with people you would've never even said hi to. Makes for a great time.
Some people develop a wishbone where their backbone should be.
Ironhorse1
Fledgling

Post by Ironhorse1 »

I can play the spoons rather well.
DWallis

Post by DWallis »

OK DJ Service in Vernon, BC.
250-307-0463
The guys name is Larry. He has a nice soundsystem and also a full light set up and he's a good wedding DJ. If you give him a list of songs beforehand he will work them into his set and he does lots of requests. (He has a stupid amount of music... like 20,000+ songs or something)
He will mix it up with oldies/dance music/your lists/requests/country/pop & brand new stuff depending on the crowd present.

Good luck and congrats!
intheknow
Board Meister

Post by intheknow »

Phoenix Within wrote:in Vernon there's Rockin' Randy's for DJ's

for bands, try Casual Sax http://www.casualsax.net

wow your reading my mind!! I second both of these as I have heard and delt with both
swansong

Post by swansong »

We just got married this summer and spent alot of time searching for the perfect DJ. After calling around to several diffrent dj companies because of thier reasonable price and the great reviews on thier website letsdancedj.ca (four of which we emailed to confirm) we decided to go with Danny at Let's Dance DJ Services. Our review is now on thier website see below:

Hey Danny what a great party!

The bartender said he’s never seen a dj keep everyone dancing the whole night before ha. It was an awesome night!

Thank you so much

Rachel & Michael Veldhuisen

You can't go wrong with these guys.
Etrinity

Post by Etrinity »

I would also highly recommend DJ Haymaker as well! Been to several weddings and the one that he was at definitely topped all others. Was so much fun.

Jennybuns wrote:DJ Haymaker (Jeff I think his name is?) in Kelowna is absolutely awesome! He's been at a number of weddings I've gone to and he is by far the most funny, personable DJ and host. He will also MC for you too! Old and young just love him!! He also has tons of funny games to keep people entertained all night. I know he books way in advance though because he's so popular.. Never a dull moment with him!

strwbrrydvl wrote:I've also heard great things about him. He'll pull people from different tables to be partnered up. You end up mingling with people you would've never even said hi to. Makes for a great time.
The above statement is my opinion only. A clear use of logic, editing, thought, etc may have been omitted.
traveler478

Post by traveler478 »

Several of my friends got married this summer, three of them in the Okanagan. The first one was performed by Okanagan Dance Party, and the guys rocked the Vernon Lodge right up until last call. The second reception had some kid with his computer set up and he had no clue. We wound up leaving early. Our table was SO glad to see Paul from Okanagan Dance Party back for the third one at the Prestige. Played all our requests and still had the dance floor full for the last song.

My fiancée and I are the next ones in the group to get married, and we've already booked with Paul and Okanagan Dance Party :)
image999

Post by image999 »

Last edited by image999 on Jan 16th, 2014, 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BCGrrrrl

Post by BCGrrrrl »

image999 wrote:Word on the street is~

Patrick Nichol will soon be looking for DJ work.

Wow, not even remotely funny.
gardengirl
Walks on Forum Water

Post by gardengirl »

Last edited by gardengirl on Jan 21st, 2014, 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.

Return to “Referrals”