Best Mechanic in Kelowna?

Business and professional recommendations.
jordanj67

Best Mechanic in Kelowna?

Post by jordanj67 »

Hi all, any recommendations for mechanics here in Kelowna, taking my car for a tune up in the next few days and was just wondering if anyone has had any excellent service from someone or awful service? cheers
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Re: Best Mechanic in Kelowna?

Post by Captain Awesome »

Paragon Motors.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

Rutland Auto Repairs
205 Froelich Rd
Rutland
(250) 765-6555
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Post by JayByrd »

I'll say Rutland Auto Repair too. I don't know if they're the best, but I've always been happy with them.
When someone says they pay taxes, you know they're about to be an ******e.
LT1_9C1

Post by LT1_9C1 »

Paragon Motors
Rutland Auto Repairs
AGT Automotive
I'll say Rutland Auto Repair too

Someone else posted this a couple weeks ago asking for a auto mechanic.

PLEASE PEOPLE. What is the: Year, Make, Model of the vehicle needing the tuneup.

Would you really take a 2008 Mercedes Benz to Rutland Auto Repair.

On 2004up 5.4L Ford Trucks Only FORD Mechanics have the special plug wrench to get the #7 plug out of the cylinder. ONLY ford has the tool and no mechanic can purchase it (This is just an example of needing a vehicle specific mechanic)

Come on just because Paragon Motors did a brake job on your 1994 Ford Taurus doesn't mean they can work on everything.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

LT1_9C1 wrote:Paragon Motors
Rutland Auto Repairs
AGT Automotive

PLEASE PEOPLE. What is the: Year, Make, Model of the vehicle needing the tuneup.

On 2004up 5.4L Ford Trucks Only FORD Mechanics have the special plug wrench to get the #7 plug out of the cylinder. ONLY ford has the tool and no mechanic can purchase it (This is just an example of needing a vehicle specific mechanic)

Come on just because Paragon Motors did a brake job on your 1994 Ford Taurus doesn't mean they can work on everything.

I'd think if a person has a specific model/year/whatever vehicle that required a specific tool or whatever, then they would say so. No?
__________________________________________________________________________________________

rutland1
Board Meister

Post by rutland1 »

Had good sucess with Guaranteed Auto. Always decent and honest.
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

grammafreddy wrote:Rutland Auto Repairs
205 Froelich Rd
Rutland
(250) 765-6555

gf is right on the mark with this one - Lyle is the best.
I haven't failed until I quit.
phasyluck
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by phasyluck »

Rutland Auto Repairs
AGT Automotive

I call BS on that!
Sure do love Rutland!!
phasyluck
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by phasyluck »

Rutland Auto Repairs
AGT Automotive

I call BS on that! The " ONLY ford has the tool" part that is!!
Sure do love Rutland!!
LT1_9C1

Post by LT1_9C1 »

http://autoforum.classifieds1000.com/Fo ... _Nightmare

"I just changed 7 of 8 plugs in my father's 2005 Ford F-150 5.4L. Every one of them were hard to turn and seemed to have seized inside. The pasenger side plug closest the the cab was very hard to get to and that one broke off. I almost had it completely done.
Randy, do you feel the Lisle 65600 extractor tool will work in this tight spot?
Does anyone know whether the valve cover can be removed to push out the broken plug"

My own personal mechanic of 30 Years + told me he spent 6 hours trying to get the plug closest to the cab out on a F-150 model truck. Ended up towing it to Ford. With there tool they had it out and charged $7.00 for the plug and .5 hours.
Lisle and few other have tried to mimic the tool. Sorry Ford Only.
LT1_9C1

Post by LT1_9C1 »

I'd think if a person has a specific model/year/whatever vehicle that required a specific tool or whatever, then they would say so. No

You think?..........People are dumb, we all know that.
How would they know the special tools there mechanic uses.
Why are there VW/Audi specific Mechanics?
BMW specific Mechanics?
Mercedes specific Mechanics?

They have the right tools and the proper diagnostic computers to repair vehicle specific problems that some don't
They also have the knowledge of doing maybe a head or intake gasket 50-100-1000 times on a certain make/model.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

LT1_9C1 wrote:
I'd think if a person has a specific model/year/whatever vehicle that required a specific tool or whatever, then they would say so. No

You think?..........People are dumb, we all know that.
How would they know the special tools there mechanic uses.
Why are there VW/Audi specific Mechanics?
BMW specific Mechanics?
Mercedes specific Mechanics?

They have the right tools and the proper diagnostic computers to repair vehicle specific problems that some don't
They also have the knowledge of doing maybe a head or intake gasket 50-100-1000 times on a certain make/model.

Soooo ... I take it you are a mechanic and you don't work at any of the ones suggested in this thread or the other one, right?

And maybe even you work at one of the dealerships or auto-specific repair shops.

Okay.

I like Rutland Auto Repair, thanks.

phasyluck
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by phasyluck »

Snap-On and Mac sell specialty tools for many models and applications, if you want a tool specific to a brand its available if you have the need and/or money to add to your collection.
Sure do love Rutland!!
LT1_9C1

Post by LT1_9C1 »

phasyluck wrote:Snap-On and Mac sell specialty tools for many models and applications, if you want a tool specific to a brand its available if you have the need and/or money to add to your collection.

I just picked up a heater hose coupler remover from Lisle. It's required on GM vehicles when the pot metal heater hoses break flush in the intake. You tap this tool in and it grabs reverse thread and you turn it out with a 5/8's socket or wrench.
This heater hose problem has happened to over 1.5 million recorded GM vehicles from the late 80's to late 90's. Great tool most mechanics will have it because GM released it a long time ago.

On those fords at the 100,000km interval usually 4 out of 8 plugs will break adding a minimal of .5 hour to each plug.
If none broke $250-$300, usually around $600-$1100 when they brake. Imagine your basic mechanic busting his knuckles for 6 hours on one plug not knowing Ford has the tool to get in between the head and the cab of the truck.

Vehicle specific mechanic, pretty damn crucial with vehicles these days.

Return to “Referrals”