Divorce Lawyer

Business and professional recommendations.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Re: Divorce Lawyer

Post by Glacier »

I'm not sure, but I think these lawyers might be a good choice:

"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Sige
Übergod

Post by Sige »

I can tell you that ALL lawyers are not like that. Most family lawyers try to be fair, but they are bound by the wishes of their clients.
Non illegitimi carborundum est.
Sige
Übergod

Post by Sige »

oldtrucker wrote:"Marriage". It is a religious act.

No it's not.
Non illegitimi carborundum est.
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

^^ Only two reasons for marriage, you're religious or want to ruin a perfectly good relationship. :smt045
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Poindexter wrote:^^ Only two reasons for marriage, you're religious or want to ruin a perfectly good relationship. :smt045

A recent survey has revealed that one specific food can totally destroy a Mans sex life.

Wedding Cake! :D
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

I think it's cheaper to keep-her!
nepal
Übergod

Post by nepal »

Re-Marriage after a divorce can be a minefield and worse results than the first time round. BE WERY OF GOLD DIGGERS! The kind church-going senior who marries the wealthy old man, may be just after his/her money. I've seen it happen to two kind and trusting seniors in Kelowna. In both cases they(and ultimately their own children's inheritance) got cleaned-out of almost all their assets by their new senior spouses. Regardless of their Will, assets were moved into Joint holdings, such as property and bank accounts.
Read the links below and get professional legal advice, before you or someone you love, gets remained, or is already in a seemingly cozy relationship: There are some senior sociopaths out there, with the intent to defraud other seniors of their assets. Be very careful. Legal legislation and estate planning have not kept-up with the new-age rash of remarriage.
http://www.lovefraud.com/2015/06/18/advice-for-protecting-elderly-relatives-from-sociopaths-and-gold-diggers/
https://www.agingcare.com/Questions/grandfather-being-scammed-by-gold-digger-176097.htm
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

I'm a big believer of giving your children their inheritance before you kick the bucket or remarry.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
conar123

Post by conar123 »

nepal wrote:.
Re-Marriage after a divorce can be a minefield and worse results than the first time round. BE WERY OF GOLD DIGGERS! The kind church-going senior who marries the wealthy old man, may be just after his/her money. I've seen it happen to two kind and trusting seniors in Kelowna. In both cases they(and ultimately their own children's inheritance) got cleaned-out of almost all their assets by their new senior spouses. Regardless of their Will, assets were moved into Joint holdings, such as property and bank accounts.
Read the links below and get professional Sealing Criminal Record in Texasadvice, before you or someone you love, gets remained, or is already in a seemingly cozy relationship: There are some senior sociopaths out there, with the intent to defraud other seniors of their assets. Be very careful. Legal legislation and estate planning have not kept-up with the new-age rash of remarriage.
http://www.lovefraud.com/2015/06/18/advice-for-protecting-elderly-relatives-from-sociopaths-and-gold-diggers/
https://www.agingcare.com/Questions/grandfather-being-scammed-by-gold-digger-176097.htm

Yes i got it..re-marriage after divorce is not as easy as we think,it requires lot of legal formalities which everybody has to fulfill.We have to do partition of all assets equally according to the law and take all responsibilities equally.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

bluewater wrote:Im looking for the best divorce lawyer the Kelowna area has to offer. If you or someone you know has experience with one that you can recommend I would appreciate it . I want a lawyer that will leave no stone unturned ! PM me if necessary,thanks.

Who did you get to do the legal work?
Did you get mired in details?
Are all stones now turned over?
Was it worth it?

Are you carrying "baggage" that makes you unapproachable now to people?
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

In the 1970s I bought a "how to handle your own divorce" book and handled my own divorce. Fortunately there were no children and she is the one who wanted out to find herself. She was also the one with the most to lose by fighting about it.

Sometimes for younger people divorce is a blessing in disguise once they get beyond the emotional rejection and breach of trust aspects.

I think the whole thing cost under a hundred dollars and, as far as I know, everyone lived happy ever after. I can't say that I would follow that route today though. Life has become far more complicated.
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

Both parties should consider the Canadian matrimonial act . If they refuse to acknowledge the law, in a contested divorce, the first spouse to run out of money loses.
And the attorneys for each party are 100% privy to the values of the estate.
It's like this in a contested dovorce:
"Hello attorneys. We would like to get into a heated contested divorce."

" Give us the details of the estate. Thank you. We will call you to sign some documents when we have finished milking your estate. When the value of the estate is zero, and you two refuse to give in, we can take it to a very expensive trial, and the judge will likely split the negative worth estate 50/50.
Gosh, we love being divorce lawyers. "
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

They should make getting Married very expensive and Divorce cheap.

Would solve a lot of problems.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
GerryL

Post by GerryL »

Anyone who shows up in my office with that attitude is automatically rejected as a client.Want to do a contested divorce? Be prepared to spend $25,000 and up with your lawyer. And that's why family lawyers are quitting family law all over the country. They are sick and tired of the stupid fights. Negotiate a settlement, and be aware that when neither party likes the settlement - that's probably a good settlement!
GerryL

Post by GerryL »

Bsuds wrote:They should make getting Married very expensive and Divorce cheap.

Would solve a lot of problems.

No. People will just "shack up". Go to a courthouse on family day and watch the parade of losers. Al those dumb women who thought they could reform the guy!

Return to “Referrals”