Divorce Lawyer

Business and professional recommendations.

Re: Divorce Lawyer

Postby oldtrucker » Jun 19th, 2015, 3:00 pm

Interesting analogy LANDM. The Gun needs some serious gun control.
IMO there should be no family law at all that would require a lawyer.If there was a fair system in place,there would be a lot more single parents that could find meaningful long term relationships that lasts longer than 2 years. If a person co- habitates for more than 2 years( If I remember correctly)or contributes to the other persons child in any way,they are the ones that have the "gun" to their head.Men that truly want to have a relationship, but don't want a legal gun held to their heads have to leave Canada permanently, and seek out what they want elsewhere.
( I know that may seem extreme, but it's the truth.Over the years I have known 3 people that have done this.They still come back to Canada to visit but they reside where they met their partner,and if that partner insists on moving to Canada...well...there is a ulterior motive exposed).
So many children could have a step parent that would love them as their own, but are robbed of that due to that legal gun scaring that potential step parent away. My female single parent friends seem to have a problem...they can't find anyone to share their lives with or even get close enough to someone to make plans with for any length of time because of the screwed up system.
Some may view my above politically incorrect opinions as 'harsh' and may even be offended by them. Some think political correctness will be our undoing.
oldtrucker
Übergod

Liked in: 565 posts

Postby LANDM » Jun 19th, 2015, 5:22 pm

The system I see in my everyday life is one that is actually now quite simple for most....where it gets complicated is when people feel they deserve more or should pay less. Your experience is obviously different and I haven't gone through it but many I know have.

As for having a system that would require no lawyers, that is saying we should have a system where "everyone just gets along".....not going to happen. What will the people who want a gun or a hammer do? They will still find one.
LANDM
Guru

Liked in: 3201 posts

Postby oldtrucker » Sep 6th, 2015, 1:55 am

LANDM wrote:As for having a system that would require no lawyers, that is saying we should have a system where "everyone just gets along".....not going to happen. What will the people who want a gun or a hammer do? They will still find one.

I am not suggesting a system without lawyers,I am suggesting getting rid of a outdated and unequal system.There should be no spousal support for anyone.Child support based on the actual cost of raising a child in a particular area of the country and with cost shared equally. Asset division based on merit.For example...if a couple had been together for 2 years and one of them inherits the family farm,the other person can leave on year 3 and make a claim because it was acquired during the time of the relationship.That example and a bunch of other things that need to go IMO.
In the meantime,get a prenup or co-habitation agreement,and never,ever contribute to the support and maintenance of anyone,especially children that are not yours during the time of the relationship.Oh, how cold am I ?
If we loose the present BS system,things would not need to be near so cold.
Last edited by oneh2obabe on Sep 6th, 2015, 5:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Quote fixed.
Some may view my above politically incorrect opinions as 'harsh' and may even be offended by them. Some think political correctness will be our undoing.
oldtrucker
Übergod

Liked in: 565 posts

Postby Glacier » Dec 11th, 2015, 1:35 pm

I'm not sure, but I think these lawyers might be a good choice:

Ken7 likes this post.
Glacier
Admiral HMS Castanet

Liked in: 9695 posts

Postby Sige » Dec 15th, 2015, 11:26 am

I can tell you that ALL lawyers are not like that. Most family lawyers try to be fair, but they are bound by the wishes of their clients.
Non illegitimi carborundum est.
Sige
Generalissimo Postalot

Liked in: 624 posts

Postby Sige » Dec 15th, 2015, 11:27 am

oldtrucker wrote:"Marriage". It is a religious act.

No it's not.
Non illegitimi carborundum est.
Sige
Generalissimo Postalot

Liked in: 624 posts

Postby Poindexter » Dec 15th, 2015, 11:41 am

^^ Only two reasons for marriage, you're religious or want to ruin a perfectly good relationship. :smt045
Poindexter
Guru

Liked in: 4349 posts

Postby Bsuds » Dec 15th, 2015, 12:02 pm

Poindexter wrote:^^ Only two reasons for marriage, you're religious or want to ruin a perfectly good relationship. :smt045

A recent survey has revealed that one specific food can totally destroy a Mans sex life.

Wedding Cake! :D
If I agreed with you then we would both be wrong!
You are never too old to learn something stupid.

4 people like this post.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Liked in: 10922 posts

Postby Ken7 » Dec 15th, 2015, 7:30 pm

I think it's cheaper to keep-her!

2 people like this post.
Ken7
Guru

Liked in: 2736 posts

Postby nepal » Apr 3rd, 2016, 8:36 am

Re-Marriage after a divorce can be a minefield and worse results than the first time round. BE WERY OF GOLD DIGGERS! The kind church-going senior who marries the wealthy old man, may be just after his/her money. I've seen it happen to two kind and trusting seniors in Kelowna. In both cases they(and ultimately their own children's inheritance) got cleaned-out of almost all their assets by their new senior spouses. Regardless of their Will, assets were moved into Joint holdings, such as property and bank accounts.
Read the links below and get professional legal advice, before you or someone you love, gets remained, or is already in a seemingly cozy relationship: There are some senior sociopaths out there, with the intent to defraud other seniors of their assets. Be very careful. Legal legislation and estate planning have not kept-up with the new-age rash of remarriage.
http://www.lovefraud.com/2015/06/18/advice-for-protecting-elderly-relatives-from-sociopaths-and-gold-diggers/
https://www.agingcare.com/Questions/grandfather-being-scammed-by-gold-digger-176097.htm

2 people like this post.
nepal
Board Meister

Liked in: 158 posts

Postby Glacier » Apr 3rd, 2016, 9:20 pm

I'm a big believer of giving your children their inheritance before you kick the bucket or remarry.

3 people like this post.
Glacier
Admiral HMS Castanet

Liked in: 9695 posts

Postby conar123 » May 19th, 2016, 10:27 pm

nepal wrote:.
Re-Marriage after a divorce can be a minefield and worse results than the first time round. BE WERY OF GOLD DIGGERS! The kind church-going senior who marries the wealthy old man, may be just after his/her money. I've seen it happen to two kind and trusting seniors in Kelowna. In both cases they(and ultimately their own children's inheritance) got cleaned-out of almost all their assets by their new senior spouses. Regardless of their Will, assets were moved into Joint holdings, such as property and bank accounts.
Read the links below and get professional Sealing Criminal Record in Texasadvice, before you or someone you love, gets remained, or is already in a seemingly cozy relationship: There are some senior sociopaths out there, with the intent to defraud other seniors of their assets. Be very careful. Legal legislation and estate planning have not kept-up with the new-age rash of remarriage.
http://www.lovefraud.com/2015/06/18/advice-for-protecting-elderly-relatives-from-sociopaths-and-gold-diggers/
https://www.agingcare.com/Questions/grandfather-being-scammed-by-gold-digger-176097.htm

Yes i got it..re-marriage after divorce is not as easy as we think,it requires lot of legal formalities which everybody has to fulfill.We have to do partition of all assets equally according to the law and take all responsibilities equally.
conar123

Liked in: 0 post

Postby Queen K » May 20th, 2016, 6:16 am

bluewater wrote:Im looking for the best divorce lawyer the Kelowna area has to offer. If you or someone you know has experience with one that you can recommend I would appreciate it . I want a lawyer that will leave no stone unturned ! PM me if necessary,thanks.

Who did you get to do the legal work?
Did you get mired in details?
Are all stones now turned over?
Was it worth it?

Are you carrying "baggage" that makes you unapproachable now to people?
I hereby ban Trump, the Russian's monkey-Do, from my funeral. McCain had it right.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Liked in: 12801 posts

Postby Donald G » May 20th, 2016, 7:59 am

In the 1970s I bought a "how to handle your own divorce" book and handled my own divorce. Fortunately there were no children and she is the one who wanted out to find herself. She was also the one with the most to lose by fighting about it.

Sometimes for younger people divorce is a blessing in disguise once they get beyond the emotional rejection and breach of trust aspects.

I think the whole thing cost under a hundred dollars and, as far as I know, everyone lived happy ever after. I can't say that I would follow that route today though. Life has become far more complicated.

Bpeep likes this post.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 4225 posts

Postby Bpeep » May 20th, 2016, 8:16 am

Both parties should consider the Canadian matrimonial act . If they refuse to acknowledge the law, in a contested divorce, the first spouse to run out of money loses.
And the attorneys for each party are 100% privy to the values of the estate.
It's like this in a contested dovorce:
"Hello attorneys. We would like to get into a heated contested divorce."

" Give us the details of the estate. Thank you. We will call you to sign some documents when we have finished milking your estate. When the value of the estate is zero, and you two refuse to give in, we can take it to a very expensive trial, and the judge will likely split the negative worth estate 50/50.
Gosh, we love being divorce lawyers. "
If you are reading this, you are not Amish.

4 people like this post.
Bpeep
Mindquad

Liked in: 9713 posts

PreviousNext

Return to Referrals