Is there a scooter group out there?

Business and professional recommendations.
mygirlfriday2

Is there a scooter group out there?

Post by mygirlfriday2 »

Hmmm I'm moving to Peachland and looking for fellow scooter riders, to ride with, discuss repair problems, suggest repair shops etc... Oh yeah and perhaps tour wineries.... Hahaha I thought that would get your attention, yeah that too.

Let me know if this club exists or who would be interested in a ride along :-)

Thanks
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Re: Is there a scooter group out there?

Post by Captain Awesome »

Scooter as in "small motorcycle" or scooter as in "what old people and/or large people ride around"?
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
mygirlfriday2

Post by mygirlfriday2 »

Hi Captain, as in motorcycle.

Thanks
coffeeFreak
Guru

Post by coffeeFreak »

LOL, glad you clarified that one CA. I had a different vision going on in my head:

scooter club.jpg

senior hells angel.jpg

download.jpg
mygirlfriday2

Post by mygirlfriday2 »

Just when I thought I would never see such a group.... Hahaha :-)
TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Post by TreeGuy »

Apparently there used to be a scooter club called the "Twist & Crawl Scooter Club". From what I know about it the Vespa club took it over and now you can't find any info on it. I posted a similar post on the Kelowna Discussion and didn't get too much interest.

I too own a scooter and this will be my first season with it on the road, I am hoping to meet other riders to ride with, preferably on the Westside.

What type of scooter do you have? Mine is a vintage 1965 Harley Davidson Topper. Once the season begins I don't think it will be too hard to meet other riders. It would be great to have a regular meet up at a Starbucks and then take to the some of the back roads.
TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Post by TreeGuy »

Here is the link to the discussion thread that I started looking for fellow scooter enthusiasts. Scroll through it you will see a picture of my scooter.
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=49148
mygirlfriday2

Post by mygirlfriday2 »

Wow, that's a nice looking scooter! Did you say it's been in your family for 35 years? How any times has the motor been rebuilt or replaced? Did you restore it, it looks like new.

I have a Derbi Atlantis and my hubby also has a scooter. He has a PGO Big Max. We also like Starbucks so meeting for coffee would be great!
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

My wife is a scooter girl.
Scooters are fun to ride, but you dont want your buddies seeing you doing it.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Post by TreeGuy »

mygirlfriday2 wrote:Wow, that's a nice looking scooter! Did you say it's been in your family for 35 years? How any times has the motor been rebuilt or replaced? Did you restore it, it looks like new.

I have a Derbi Atlantis and my hubby also has a scooter. He has a PGO Big Max. We also like Starbucks so meeting for coffee would be great!

Thanks! I just had the motor rebuilt for the first time by Ryan's crew at Redline Motosports in West Kelowna. My father bought it in 1978, but never rode it, it was just part of his vintage Harley collection. The paint isn't in the best condition, you can't tell in the photo.

I look forward to meeting you guys this season at a local Starbucks!
mygirlfriday2

Post by mygirlfriday2 »

Babbitman wrote:My wife is a scooter girl.
Scooters are fun to ride, but you dont want your buddies seeing you doing it.

Cool, so would she like to join us? She can look to this site for a date and time. I won't be settled till May 1st I hope. By then the weather should be perfect. Although this past weekend I saw 2 scooter and a Harley rider all riding together. I was so envious, the weather was beautiful, I was inside the garage packing for the big move, and saw them as they whizzed by :-(
mygirlfriday2

Post by mygirlfriday2 »

I look forward to meeting you guys this season at a local Starbucks![/quote]
What, your father never rode it? Was it just not running or did he only buy it for his Harley collection? I think it's pretty sweet that its been in the family for that long.

Anytime after May is good for us!
TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Post by TreeGuy »

There is more of a story as to why he bought it, which I would be happy to share with you and others over a caramel macchiato. My father is a 6', 300 pound Harley guy, hence why he wasn't out tearing up the streets on a scooter! :dyinglaughing: I found out a few years ago that he was planning on selling it so I bought it off of him, I always liked it and thought it would be good to keep in the family.

Mygirlfriday2, check your pm.
melscarandtruckrental
Fledgling

Post by melscarandtruckrental »

"OH NO" not another dreaded "SCOOTER GANG"
Better to keep your mouth shut and have people think your an idiot than open it and confirm it !!!
msnursetanya

Post by msnursetanya »

Hi there, did anyone ever get anything going in terms of a club or scooter rides? I have a vintage scooter that I've owned for 15 years and I would like to meet others and start riding again. Cheers!

Return to “Referrals”