Recommend a good dentist?

Business and professional recommendations.
the_zipper
Board Meister

Re: Recommend a good dentist?

Post by the_zipper »

the thing is when you go to any dentist be it in Mexico or Canada, it is BEST to have references........just don't go to a dentist because you happened to see a door open and they had an opening. I went to Fernando because I had friends that had gone to him for root canals, implants, crowns and NEVER had any problems....You have to go to someone that has a GOOD reputation. Again beware. I mean we had a so called dentist in BC practicing and he did not even have a licence. He wasn't a dentist . I think this guy practiced in Surrey for 10 years. go figure. So for those that go South for the winter just cross into Mexico from Yuma AZ and presto............ever hear of Zirconia as a material for crowns? check it out, not sure they even offer that in our country..........just my 2 cents of course[/quote]

Ugg! Why do you think it a good idea to get dental work done in a 3rd world country? Mexico standards do not even come close to Canada's from the dentists training to materials to infection control standards! Trust me you get what you pay for! I work in dentistry,the amount of subtandard dental work coming out of Mexico would blow your mind. Recently we have had many baby boomers in fixing there teeth after having extensive treatment in Mexico, a few of those patient end up losing teeth, the cost would have end up being less if they had just gone to a Canadian dentist in the first place. Zirconia has been around for years! In Canada Zirconia is not used much anymore there is a better porcelain product called emax (lithium disilicate) we have been using it vs. Zicornia for the past 6 years.
the_zipper
Board Meister

Post by the_zipper »

butcher99 wrote:

I have not heard anyone complain about a bad dental job in Mexico. I spend a lot of time there. The dentist we go to was trained in California. She has all the latest tools. The medical system in general rivals the Canadian system and so does dentistry.
Before my first trip to a dentist there I was as hesitant as you and worried about the quality of work. No longer.
It is nice to go to a dentist who says things like, I have looked at that old crown you have and I see nothing wrong with it but we have to keep an eye on it rather than one that says, well you have had that crown for X number of years, we should replace it.

You keep saying this dentist was trained in California, if this is true why would this dentist choose to practice in Mexico rather than Calfornia. It doesn't add up for me. Why would any dentist that was trained in Canada or the US practice in Mexico? Can't get licenced it Canada or the US perhap? That's the dentist you trust? Scary! You see many dentists practicing in Canada and the US that have received their training in other countries, these dentists go through an exam process become licenced. I have yet to see any dentists that received training in a third world country practicing in Canada and the US. If you feel comfortable receiving you dental work in Mexico that's great! You can defend third world dentistry all you like but unless you have been trained in dentistry you really have no idea what kind of work you are receiving. I would never recommend someone get dental work done in a third world country, you are taking a big risk doing so.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

the_zipper wrote:
You keep saying this dentist was trained in California, if this is true why would this dentist choose to practice in Mexico rather than Calfornia. It doesn't add up for me.

Maybe the Dentist is Mexican or just likes it there. Don't know why the concept is so difficult.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
I Think
Walks on Forum Water

Post by I Think »

I know a fantastic dentist in Algodones , European trained and superbly equipped.
He lives in Yuma and crosses the border to his practice every day.
He sends his bridgework to Europe to get things made, and is not trying to pry the last dollar out of your pocket.
When he does implants it is an 18 month process.
If you PM me I will send your request to him & if he is interested he will contact you.
We're lost but we're making good time.
ga6riela

Tooth extraction

Post by ga6riela »

Does anyone know of a good oral surgeon that does "tooth extraction". It is not for wisdom tooth/teeth. I was quoted roughly $400 to have it removed in Ontario. I am new to Okanagan and do not know any good dental clinics. Anyone recommend a good doctor that cares to fix teeth rather then being a money making machine. I had a very good and very honest dentist in Ontario that loved her job and was doing anything she could to try to save people from doing root canals and doing unnecessary work. I really miss my dentist. Hope I can find a good skilled and honest dentist here also. Hope to find a good dentist by referral.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Not sure where you're located but Dr. Poojan Rai is awesome ... 2 others recommend her as well. Had an awesome family dentist in Ontario and she's in the same league.

viewtopic.php?f=98&t=73273&p=2202850&hilit=poojan#p2202850
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.

Return to “Referrals”