Men's kilt and accessories

Business and professional recommendations.
Lacosmom

Men's kilt and accessories

Post by Lacosmom »

Anybody know where we can purchase a man's kilt and accessories?
36Drew
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Men's Kilt and accessories

Post by 36Drew »

Lacosmom wrote:Anybody know where we can purchase a man's kilt and accessories?

http://www.houseofmclaren.com/scottish_clothing.html

Real kilts aren't bought off a rack. They're made-to-order. ;)

What clan? Or do you know?
I'd like to change your mind, but I don't have a fresh diaper.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Lacosmom wrote:Anybody know where we can purchase a man's kilt and accessories?

Maybe check with someone on this website: http://www.kelownapipeband.com
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Post by dogspoiler »

The folks at Kelly O Brians may be able to help out.
Black Dogs Matter
Treblehook
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Treblehook »

McLaren makes and rents kilts
Lacosmom

Post by Lacosmom »

Thanks all. Yes we do know a kilt should be custom made but unfortunately they are very expensive and therefore out of budget for us. We do have a family tartan but its unlikely we would find something already made up in that particular one. Thought someone out there might not be using theirs any longer and would consider selling. Again, thanks for all suggestions. Much appreciated
Noilly

Post by Noilly »

I have one!
36Drew
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by 36Drew »

Lacosmom wrote:Thanks all. Yes we do know a kilt should be custom made but unfortunately they are very expensive and therefore out of budget for us. We do have a family tartan but its unlikely we would find something already made up in that particular one. Thought someone out there might not be using theirs any longer and would consider selling. Again, thanks for all suggestions. Much appreciated

I think your best bet will be Craigslist. There's a very active highland community in the lower mainland which is why I pointed you at one of the more popular shops down here.

Here's one I found on CL in Surrey... http://abbotsford.en.craigslist.ca/clo/4451810336.html

As for tartan - that's a primary reason for having your garment made rather than buying off a shelf. We have two kilts in our family. One is Aberdeen and the other is Grandad's military regiment colours.
I'd like to change your mind, but I don't have a fresh diaper.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Lacosmom wrote:Thanks all. Yes we do know a kilt should be custom made but unfortunately they are very expensive and therefore out of budget for us. We do have a family tartan but its unlikely we would find something already made up in that particular one. Thought someone out there might not be using theirs any longer and would consider selling. Again, thanks for all suggestions. Much appreciated

Check your PM.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Swoop
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Swoop »

...McLaren's is great...
...also: https://www.tartantown.com/rentals - they're in Coquitlam
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

lots for sale on ebay
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Yup..Tratantown (already mentioned earlier). They have a good website and they have a 'sale' or 'pre-worn' section.

If you are wearing a kilt, and wanting to wear it properly, make sure to get the wool socks (hose) and the proper shoes, if possible (ghillies).

Also, there is a celtic store at the Lonsdale Quay in Vancouver. The kilts are a lot cheaper because they are a poly-cotton blend, and not all wool. They are a obviously a bit different feel and look than a really kilt, but hey, if you want to buy a kilt and not pay $500+ for it, then these poly-cotton blends are good for an 'on occasion' look. They had lots of different plaid and tartan and lots of sizes. They also had the punk-style ones that were all green that you would wear with army boots.
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Jo
Slot 16

Re: Men's kilt and accessories

Post by Jo »

If you're coming to Victoria at any point, you can go to a great kilt shop where they make the kilts on premise. They have custom but also off-the-rack. Jim bought his there. http://www.freedomkilts.com

I think you can order online as well, but do the measuring, because they insist that whatever size you wear does NOT translate into the proper fit for a kilt. They are great people, and I can vouch for their integrity and excellent service.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

o ya i almost forgot
REAL MEN WEAR KILTS
rekabis
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by rekabis »

Aye, but are ye regimental?
I am a simple man. My complexity evolves from multitudes.

Return to “Referrals”