Truck repairs

Business and professional recommendations.
smoky500
Fledgling

Truck repairs

Post by smoky500 »

I know there has been a topic on this before but could not find it.
I have a Dodge 3500 that needs some basic repairs (front axle u joints) and do not want to go back to Parker's for reasons I will not go into.

Does anyone have any recommendations for good honest mechanic/shop?
StraightUpLogic
Fledgling

Re: truck repairs

Post by StraightUpLogic »

Integrity auto on government. Ron is great.
twobits
Guru

Re: Truck repairs

Post by twobits »

smoky500 wrote:I know there has been a topic on this before but could not find it.
I have a Dodge 3500 that needs some basic repairs (front axle u joints) and do not want to go back to Parker's for reasons I will not go into.

Does anyone have any recommendations for good honest mechanic/shop?

The service departments of car dealerships are their profit centers. They make squat selling you the car and only want to make you a customer for the downstream requirements ie. mechanical and body shop. Unless you are under warrantee, avoid the "stealerships" and find a good honest independant shop. Mountainview (used to be Carmi Auto Repair) and G and S on Gov't are a cpl of good ones. There is half a dozen I would steer you away from but the post would be deleted for negative business review. Moderators, am I safe to say that with the exception of the two shops I recommended, stay away from any shop in Penticton that is on a high traffic volume road......especially the main drag. Something has to pay the lease and triple net costs and it is always the customer.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
southy
Lord of the Board

Post by southy »

Ditto to mountain view .. Jason is great. And oh .. Did I mention honest?
Drip_Torch
Guru

Post by Drip_Torch »

Integrity auto on government. Ron is great.

I'll second that.
Drip Torch - an upright and steadfast keeper of the flame, but when tilted sideways the contents spill and then our destiny is in the wind...
workthatwedo

Post by workthatwedo »

I agree with the above mentioned shops, it is G&C on Government St. though, not G&S. I would also highly recommend Neil @ J&E on Westminster Ave or Cory @ OK Tire on Warren Ave.
measure twice, cut once
TonyO

Post by TonyO »

DEM Mechanic.......2-1555 Fairview right beside the Ambulance service.....Dave is honest, fair priced and gets the job done.
Tyde

Post by Tyde »

I've always recommended Don at Summerland Transmissions (he does all auto work, not just transmissions), I've been using him as my mechanic for 10 years and both I and my wife wouldn't go anywhere else.

Return to “Referrals”