Landscaper Recommendations

Business and professional recommendations.
baconbits
Generalissimo Postalot

Landscaper Recommendations

Post by baconbits »

Hello,

Looking for a recommendation on a company which actually gives a $%$%^ about the work that they do. We are a 19 unit townhouse complex.

Thanks!
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Re: Landscaper Recommendations

Post by Bsuds »

Are you looking for a landscaper or yard maintenance?
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
baconbits
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by baconbits »

Someone who can do both.

We need maintenance, irrigation blow out/start up as well as plant shrubs, and other small projects that come up over time..
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

I hear Soil to Sod is reasonable, and does good work. http://soiltosod.ca/services/design
I haven't failed until I quit.
KnoxVille450

Post by KnoxVille450 »

Ultimate Yard Service. He works on his own and is very passionate about his work. 20+ years in Kelowna and is very exclusive so you may have to ask nicely.
asandre

Post by asandre »

I would recommend D-Scapes Landscape and Lawncare, everything you'll need from simple maintenance to advanced design. Great group of guys who care deeply about their work. http://www.d-scapes.com
baconbits
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by baconbits »

Thanks everyone for your recommendations. I am currently following up with many that have been mentioned here.
60-YEARS-in-Ktown
Guru

Post by 60-YEARS-in-Ktown »

Prestige is pretty good..
I'd like to help You OUT,
Which way did You come in??
Bobbythecat99

Post by Bobbythecat99 »

I am sure that everyone has had their troubles with Landscapers at one point in time or another. The biggest complaint is always from your neighbors that the landscapers have blocked access to their driveways. Whatever happened to common courtesy?? If someone such as a neighbor asks to have the vehicle moved, the company should be obliged to do so, not instigate an argument, or charge people with their vehicles to get a point across. Yes they have a job to do, but keep in mind your neighbors, you live with your neighbors the landscaper does not. We have had to go so far as to launch complaints with Bylaw and with the Police department because of a particular landscaper who thinks it ISN"T HIS PROBLEM! And if YOU think that it is up to you to deal with your contractors, think again!! The landscaper could not care less, he is in it to make money regardless of what you or your neighbors may think.
Jrichterbrandt

Post by Jrichterbrandt »

I'd have to say Lance @ Nature Works Landscaping or Shawn @ Outdoor Image Landscaping. Great guys, with great crews, and phenomenal service!
janalta
Übergod

Post by janalta »

Bobbythecat99 wrote:I am sure that everyone has had their troubles with Landscapers at one point in time or another. The biggest complaint is always from your neighbors that the landscapers have blocked access to their driveways. Whatever happened to common courtesy?? If someone such as a neighbor asks to have the vehicle moved, the company should be obliged to do so, not instigate an argument, or charge people with their vehicles to get a point across. Yes they have a job to do, but keep in mind your neighbors, you live with your neighbors the landscaper does not. We have had to go so far as to launch complaints with Bylaw and with the Police department because of a particular landscaper who thinks it ISN"T HIS PROBLEM! And if YOU think that it is up to you to deal with your contractors, think again!! The landscaper could not care less, he is in it to make money regardless of what you or your neighbors may think.

Seriously ?
The biggest complaint is always that landscapers block access to neighbor's driveways ?

Perhaps you need to rephrase that, because obviously you have an issue with ONE particular landscaper.
I worked in landscape for three years and never once did we ever park anywhere that blocked anyone's access to driveways....nor did I ever see other companies parked in such a manner either.
I would bet that 99% of landscape companies would quickly and politely move their vehicle if they ever had to park it in a spot where someone couldn't get in or out of their driveway.

Landscapers are in it for the money ? Uh, yeah....it's how they earn a living.
Wise enough to know better.
Old enough to care less.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

I do my own .... Keeps me from to many beer.

How much you wanna pay ?
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
mustangsally_00

Post by mustangsally_00 »

Hi there! With all the choices out there it can be hard to find a reputable company who really does take pride in their work. A company that does everything from maintance to installation and is VERY highly recommended is Aclands Landscaping. They have a website and are super friendly, reasonably rated guys.

Return to “Referrals”