Liquid coconut oil

Business and professional recommendations.
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Re: Liquid coconut oil

Post by Lady tehMa »

Ken7 wrote:What is everyone needing the oil for? I love the smell of coconut oil.

I use it as a deodorant . I'm allergic to most of the deodorants on the market, and the ones that do work are blasted expensive (and fail after too short a time).

5-6 tablespoons of coconut oil, 1/4 cup baking soda, 1/4 cup cornstarch (I used Tapioca Starch, arrowroot is recommended too). Combine by hand until well mixed. I also added a few drops of tea tree oil. Hold a little in your hand until it softens, rub in and you're set. You do have to make sure the area is clean before applying, but works like a charm.

A friend sent me the link from Pinterest. http://cadryskitchen.com/2012/08/29/diy-coconut-oil-deodorant/
I haven't failed until I quit.
TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Post by TreeGuy »

coconut oil.jpg

We buy this at Costco for around $20 +/-. We use it to cook with, we pop popcorn in it. My Naturopathic Dr. says there are studies that show it can help with anti-aging effects like hair loss, grey hair and memory loss. Even a study that showed the memory of a person with Alzheimer's improved with regular intake of coconut oil.
matai
Banned

Post by matai »

Lady tehMa wrote:5-6 tablespoons of coconut oil, 1/4 cup baking soda, 1/4 cup cornstarch (I used Tapioca Starch, arrowroot is recommended too). Combine by hand until well mixed. I also added a few drops of tea tree oil. Hold a little in your hand until it softens, rub in and you're set. You do have to make sure the area is clean before applying, but works like a charm.

A friend sent me the link from Pinterest. http://cadryskitchen.com/2012/08/29/diy-coconut-oil-deodorant/

That sounds great! Does it leaves grease stain on clothes?

I use commercial antiperspirant and I have to toss all my shirts after a while, because the armpit becomes yellow.

And antiperspirant is a big word - doesn't help to anti perspire at all but it's much better than commercial deodorant to control odors. lol.
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

matai wrote:
That sounds great! Does it leaves grease stain on clothes?

I use commercial antiperspirant and I have to toss all my shirts after a while, because the armpit becomes yellow.

And antiperspirant is a big word - doesn't help to anti perspire at all but it's much better than commercial deodorant to control odors. lol.

I've heard it can be iffy with silk, but I don't often wear silk. I find that if I let my body absorb it for a few minutes, then get dressed I have no issues (so far, only been using it two weeks).
I haven't failed until I quit.
matai
Banned

Post by matai »

I can totally picture you walking around with your two arms up in the air for half an hour to let it dry lol

just kidding.

I looked at the link and would like to give it a try but might be hard for us guys to use cream there, unless we look prepubertal like this:

emilyjo

Post by emilyjo »

i saw liquid coconut oil at urban fare and save on foods today also
matai
Banned

Post by matai »

The solid one I had (now out of the fridge) is all liquid now. I went to the natural store mentioned above as well. Lots of variety in there holy! I'll put it in a small empty soap pump from the dollar store, will be easier to use. Should stay liquid until end of september...
westbankkid
Übergod

Post by westbankkid »

matai wrote:Overnight skin & hair care. Best than the most expensive creams & conditioners.

And cooking, use in lieu of butter.

I believe cocanut oil is higher in cholesteral than butter. Pure virgin coconut oil, containing no hydrogenation (the process of adding hydrogen to make a liquid fat hard), contains 92% saturated fat -- the highest amount of saturated fat of any fat.
matai
Banned

Post by matai »

Fat content is surprising, I found this website that explains how even when there's that much fat in coconut oil, it's still beneficial for our health, very interesting:

The Truth About Coconut Oil

The truth about coconut oil is obvious to anyone who has studied the health of those who live in traditional tropical cultures, where coconut has been a nutritious diet staple for thousands of years.

Back in the 1930's, a dentist named Dr. Weston Price traveled throughout the South Pacific, examining traditional diets and their effect on dental and overall health. He found that those eating diets high in coconut products were healthy and trim, despite the high fat concentration in their diet, and that heart disease was virtually non-existent.

Similarly, in 1981, researchers studied populations of two Polynesian atolls. Coconut was the chief source of caloric energy in both groups. The results, published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition,2 demonstrated that both populations exhibited positive vascular health.

In fact, no evidence exists that the naturally occurring high saturated fat intake had any kind of harmful effect in these populations!

That's not what you expected, is it? Based on 60 years of negative public policy toward naturally occurring saturated fats, you would expect these cultures to be rife with clogged arteries, obesity, and heart disease.

It may be surprising for you to realize that the naturally occurring saturated fat in coconut oil actually has some amazing health benefits, such as:

Promoting your heart health3
Promoting weight loss, when needed4
Supporting your immune system health5
Supporting a healthy metabolism6
Providing you with an immediate energy source7
Keeping your skin healthy and youthful looking
Supporting the proper functioning of your thyroid gland8
But how is this possible? Does coconut oil have some secret ingredients not found in other saturated fats? The answer is a resounding "yes."

Coconut Oil's Secret Ingredient

50 percent of the fat content in coconut oil is a fat rarely found in nature called lauric acid. If you're a frequent reader of my newsletter, you already know that I consider lauric acid a "miracle" ingredient because of its unique health-promoting properties.

Your body converts lauric acid into monolaurin, which has anti-viral, anti-bacterial, and anti-protozoa properties.9 Monolaurin is a monoglyceride that can actually destroy lipid coated viruses such as:

HIV, herpes
Measles
Influenza virus
Various pathogenic bacteria
Protozoa such as giardia lamblia
Lauric acid is a powerful virus and gram-negative bacteria destroyer, and coconut oil contains the most lauric acid of any substance on Earth! Capric acid, another coconut fatty acid present in smaller amounts, has also been added to the list of coconut's antimicrobial components. This is one of the key reasons you should consider consuming coconut oil, because there aren't many sources of monolaurin in our diet. But the health benefits of coconut oil don't stop there.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/artic ... althy.aspx
Danielson99
Board Meister

Post by Danielson99 »

the truth wrote:100 percent correct,have you tried emu oil, as great as coconut oil is for the skin emu oil takes skincare too an even greater level.they also sell it at natures fare. just do not eat it lol lol

Wow Emu oil is perfect and using it will help us to continue enslaving and killing these beautiful animals so we can have such beautiful skin. Thanks alot for the tip.
janalta
Übergod

Post by janalta »

London Drugs has three brands...all on sale right now.
The Nutiva is on for $6.99
Wise enough to know better.
Old enough to care less.
TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Post by TreeGuy »

Danielson99 wrote:Wow Emu oil is perfect and using it will help us to continue enslaving and killing these beautiful animals so we can have such beautiful skin. Thanks alot for the tip.

Emu's are enslaved for more than just their oil. Check it out:

Emu are 95% usable. Products include Meat (a low fat and cholesterol red meat), Oil (a highly penetrating, non-toxic moisturizer), Leather (a soft, supple, durable hide with a very distinctive quill pattern, used for the high fashion industry in products such as jackets, boots, belts, gloves, and accessories), Feathers (designer evening vests, hats and trim, fishing lures, and high tech environments for delicate cleaning), Eggshells and Claws (can be carved into jewelry and decorative items).

We just have to figure out what to do with that other 5%. Hmmmmm LOL
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Post by Gixxer »

coconut (mct) oil is awesome. I use 3 tablespoons and 60grams of unsalted butter mixed in a blender with coffee. I have natural energy all day with no sugar or carb cravings. I've lost 15lbs without even going to a gym.
Liquidnails
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Liquidnails »

I just use it to cook with.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

I love it on my popcorn, the best
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell

Return to “Referrals”