Costco: what is cheaper?

Business and professional recommendations.
Bubalouie
Guru

Re: Costco: what is cheaper?

Post by Bubalouie »

Johnny's WAS great when Johnny owned it.....we shop at Costco with a regular membership as there are just the two of us now. Prescriptions WAYYYYY cheaper, their canned items, don't touch as you can watch the flyers and get soups, etc, much, much cheaper. Vacuum sealer bags/rolls much cheaper than elsewhere.
When we went through the till the other day, we were asked again about the Executive Membership, we said not interested, the guy said if you spend $200.00 a month, it's worth it.....but we don't. Now if they included the prescriptions, that would be a different story.
1nick
Lord of the Board

Post by 1nick »

Not sure if this is still in place but,you don't need a membership to buy your scripts.
Bubalouie
Guru

Post by Bubalouie »

Correct, you do NOT need a membership to buy prescrips.
Logitack
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Logitack »

Bubalouie wrote: Now if they included the prescriptions, that would be a different story.

why isnt the prescription prices included as part of the 2% cash back part of the executive membership? or am i reading that wrong?
Bubalouie
Guru

Post by Bubalouie »

Prescriptions are NOT part of the 2% pay back, if they were, it'd be awesome for us as we spend at least $500.00 a month on prescriptions...........
Gilchy
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Gilchy »

Logitack wrote:why isnt the prescription prices included as part of the 2% cash back part of the executive membership? or am i reading that wrong?

Likely because you don't need a membership to purchase them.
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

Here's and "interesting" one.

Automobile wheels and tires......

I'm in the market for a set of wheels and snow tires. Checked prices all over. Local tire shop gave me a pretty good price, beat Canadian Tire. Then I thought about Costco, but do they sell wheels ? Yes.

Now here's the interesting part. The warehouse doesn't stock the wheels. So you have to order them from Costco Online. Free shipping etc, so not a major deal.

Oh, yes,,,, you knew there was going to be a BUT.......

The tires I want will be on sale for 5 weeks starting Oct 6th. The wheels will arrive next week (week of Sept 15th). So far so good.

I checked yesterday, while shopping at Costco :

Can a make an appointment for the week of Oct 6th ?
"No, it's first come, first serve, we open at 10:00 AM, it's a good idea to get here at 9:45 AM"

Can I reserve the tires ?
"No"

So if I drive from Summerland, 45 - 60 minute drive, how will I know if you have my size ?
"We can't guarantee we will. We get our shipment of tires on Fridays, so you could call on the weekend and get an idea of how many of your size we have and get an idea of the chance we'll have your size on Monday, Oct 6th"

So kinda awkward. You order the wheels, they come to your house. You cart them all the way to Costco in the hopes that they'll have your size of tire.

Savings ? $350.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
tgm929
Board Meister

Post by tgm929 »

Logitack wrote:
why isnt the prescription prices included as part of the 2% cash back part of the executive membership? or am i reading that wrong?

The pharmacy's within Costco's are owned and operated by the Pharmacist.

Return to “Referrals”