Potassium Chloride

Business and professional recommendations.
JimnSheila123

Potassium Chloride

Post by JimnSheila123 »

We have used this in our water softener for years, because we thought the salt pellets caused the water to be too slippery in the shower, we could taste the salt in our food, and we didn't think the salt to be good in the garden either. Now it turns out we can't buy potassium chloride anywhere. We have tried Sears (where we bought our softener, and they used to sell the chemicals), Home Depot (where we have always bought the potassium pellets). We even tried the Vernon and Westbank stores. Buckerfields and the other hardware stores don't sell it.

Does anybody know where we can buy it? It turns out that the supplier only sells it in huge quantities to the stores, so everybody has quit selling it. I have tried Culligan and some pool and spa places. Feeling defeated, please help!
WeatherWoman
Wicked Witch of the West Coast

Re: Potassium Chloride

Post by WeatherWoman »

Maybe there is a reason they no longer sell it.

In small amounts to good for some people but it also has negative effects also.

why do you need your water "soft"?
"It takes a village to raise a fool." ~ Dan Mangan
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

Have you had your water tested - before it goes through the water softener? Unless you live in an area with an inordinate amount of minerals in your water you really should not 'need' a water softener. If you draw your water from a drilled well, you would be well advised to have it tested. If from a municipal or city water system you should be okay without having to use a 'water softener' system.
Chill
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Home Depot in Omak carries it.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
JimnSheila123

Post by JimnSheila123 »

Thanks for replies, I am not sure how to use this site yet. We had our Lake Country well water tested years ago, and it is the hardest water around (even worse than Glenmore, which is really bad. Our plumbing fixtures were caked with mineral deposits, and once we had our hot water tank replaced, water softener installed and bathroom/kitchen renovated we knew we had to stick with the softener. Pretty neat to get replies so quickly, I appreciate it! Hmm, yes maybe try the states, thanks to you both!
Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Post by Anonymous123 »

flamingfingers wrote:Have you had your water tested - before it goes through the water softener? Unless you live in an area with an inordinate amount of minerals in your water you really should not 'need' a water softener. If you draw your water from a drilled well, you would be well advised to have it tested. If from a municipal or city water system you should be okay without having to use a 'water softener' system.

I beg to differ. Rutland Waterworks water is high in Calcium and Magnesium. Probably the hardest water in the area, also the safest for drinking.
Be careful when you follow the masses.
Sometimes the M is silent
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

my dad was trying to find some for his water softener also. he was told Japan is buying it all for radiation issues.
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
NotNorthAnymore
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by NotNorthAnymore »

I normally get at the plumbing wholesaler in Vernon.
They had pallets of it last time I was there.
I have to get more this week so will post a price and contact info for them then.
"THEY" are watching you! -- "THEY" know who you are! -- "THEY" know where you are!
Always use heavy duty BBQ tinfoil under your Black Hat - That way "THEY" can't read your 'mind'.

Return to “Referrals”