Family doctor

Business and professional recommendations.
Daina99

Family doctor

Post by Daina99 »

Have just moved to West Kelowna. Does anyone know of a family doctor in West Kelowna, Kelowna, Peachland or anywhere nearby who is accepting new patients?
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: Family doctor

Post by GordonH »

I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

What I found when my own doctor retired, is that it took quiet and respectful persistence in calling around, and in some cases walking in and explaining my situation. I left my information, and finally got a call back. After 3 months I was able to find a doctor in my neighbourhood.

Good luck - it is not an easy thing to do, finding a doctor.
I haven't failed until I quit.
GoStumpy
Lord of the Board

Post by GoStumpy »

No idea if she is taking new patients, try Dr. Gossier in West Kelowna.
Disclaimer: My posts may contain honesty. May not be suitable for all audiences.
cate1896
Fledgling

Post by cate1896 »

Just bribed my mom's doctor to take me as a patient with six cupcakes. Inside the box, I wrote all my medical information. He thought it was hilarious and agreed to take me. I am about to have surgery (well, on the wait list so who knows...) so I am really relieved!
IF LIFE HANDS YOU MELONS, YOU PROBABLY HAVE DYSLEXIA
daria
Guru

Post by daria »

Try Dr. G. Verster in West Kelowna (Highroads Clinic). He may or may not be taking new patients at this time, but his clinic also has walk-in hours.
Don't take my silence to mean I've agreed with you; I easily could've just lost interest in explaining how wrong you are.
History doesn't repeat itself, but it often rhymes.
"I figured out how to monetize SJWs." Jordan B. Peterson
Jo
Slot 16

Post by Jo »

Typically doctors will take family members even if they are not taking patients as a whole. The cupcakes probably helped, though, lol.
ladydi58

Post by ladydi58 »

Try Highroads Clinic on the West side - New doc taking patients-Dr. Johan Wannenburg-
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I spent hours on the phone looking for a Dr. for my pallative care dad.

Finally I got a receptionist to listen to me right through to "he's not going to be a patient for very long, he's got three cancers going on all at once."

THEN we got a Dr.

And for all those who think Walk-in clinics do it all, no they don't.

By the way, this is about the ninth or tenth "where can I find a Dr.? thread in five years. Maybe time to sticky one of them to the top?
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

Maybe a sticky with 'Helpful Hints on Finding a Family Doctor'??

I found my last one by talking to a pharmacist here in town. She suggested a clinic where the doctors were taking new patients.
I also have referred people to CPSBC website.
Could also contact the hospital about new GPs coming on staff.
Chill
Woodenhead
Guru

Post by Woodenhead »

GordonH wrote:https://www.cpsbc.ca/physician_search

Every single time. lol

Definitely a pain / hard to find a Dr. in this town. A sticky thread might be nice, for hints, tips, news, etc. as I know there's plenty of folks who are in this boat. (myself included)
Your bias suits you.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Woodenhead wrote:Image

Every single time. lol

Definitely a pain / hard to find a Dr. in this town. A sticky thread might be nice, for hints, tips, news, etc. as I know there's plenty of folks who are in this boat. (myself included)

I did not say anyone will actual find a Family doctor on that site, this is biggest reason walking clinics are as busy as the are.

I was very fortunate to get young doctor shortly after moving here and no way in hell I'm I leaving him.
Well, unless one of us leaves the area.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.

Return to “Referrals”