Christmas Trees

Business and professional recommendations.
agoodthing

Christmas Trees

Post by agoodthing »

I am about to go out and find a Christmas tree to cut down in the forest. I have my permit and the family is ready to get bundled up. Where should we go, around West Kelowna? Last year we went up near Crystal Mountain, but the forest was so thick we had a hard time finding a tree that looked "full".
agoodthing

Re: Christmas Trees

Post by agoodthing »

Alternatively, if I go buy a tree from a tree farm, are there any in West Kelowna? And how much do you pay at a tree farm?
fall
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by fall »

From the sounds of it, maybe just purchase one if you don't want another Charlie Brown tree. They range from 40-200 and up at a farm, no farms in WK that I am aware of but a quick google search " West Kelowna tree farms " would answer that. There are lots 10 minutes away in Kelowna.
agoodthing

Post by agoodthing »

Just got back with a nice 8-footer off Bartley Road.
watchkat
Übergod

Post by watchkat »

Does the owner know you have his spruce complete with lights? LOL

Years ago sellers went door to door in North Vancouver and actually sold the owner a tree cut from the bottom of his long driveway. Talk about gutsey move.
fall
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by fall »

watchkat wrote:Does the owner know you have his spruce complete with lights? LOL

Years ago sellers went door to door in North Vancouver and actually sold the owner a tree cut from the bottom of his long driveway. Talk about gutsey move.

There is always a sucker out there.
fall
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by fall »

agoodthing wrote:Just got back with a nice 8-footer off Bartley Road.

Have any squirrels jumped out of it in your face when you were putting the lights on?
zookeeper
Walks on Forum Water

Post by zookeeper »

fall wrote:From the sounds of it, maybe just purchase one if you don't want another Charlie Brown tree. They range from 40-200 and up at a farm, no farms in WK that I am aware of but a quick google search " West Kelowna tree farms " would answer that. There are lots 10 minutes away in Kelowna.

What's wrong with a Charlie Brown tree?
fall
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by fall »

Nothing, they have character. Sounded like he wanted one a little more ''full'' this year though. Ask him!
Twinkletoes

Post by Twinkletoes »

Home Depot has very nice Trees
Very full and only 19$ for a 5-6 ft. tree
Farmmaa
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Farmmaa »

Twinkletoes wrote:Home Depot has very nice Trees
Very full and only 19$ for a 5-6 ft. tree

yeah, the problem with buying trees from stores...especially the big box stores, is that they've already been cut for weeks and most will be dying and dropping needles long before Christmas day
zerograv
Banned

Post by zerograv »

volkmann christmas tree farm in East Kelowna is a fantastic place to go. Its a tradition in our family to go there every year!
Before giving someone a piece of your mind, make sure that you have enough to spare.
oldcoldankles

Post by oldcoldankles »

Country Corner, at the West end of Main Street, Summerland has a nice selection of smaller Douglas Firs, attractively priced.
juliatrops
Fledgling

Post by juliatrops »

We got our beautiful bushy tree from Dogwood Nursery, junction of Paynter and Butt. Prices are excellent. The Nordmann doesn't drop its needles as easily as the others and has the longevity we hope for. They even have little potted ones that can go outside after, which I think we might be doing next year.

Return to “Referrals”