Cross border shopping area? Oroville

Business and professional recommendations.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Re: Cross border shopping area? Oroville

Post by Queen K »

The Midway border crossing is still open?

Thought it closed forever.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Queen K wrote:The Midway border crossing is still open?

Thought it closed forever.

Yup, still open.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

Going on a girls trip in a few weeks, heading down to Spokane. What with all the fires - which would be the best route to take? I'm looking for shortest, with least damage to the road. Oh, and obviously - safe.
I haven't failed until I quit.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Lady tehMa wrote:Going on a girls trip in a few weeks, heading down to Spokane. What with all the fires - which would be the best route to take? I'm looking for shortest, with least damage to the road. Oh, and obviously - safe.

The fire season is over now. It's always best to take a different way each way just to mix it up a bit. The shortest route is as I mentioned. Turn at Midway, cross border, drive a few km until you T into another road. Turn left. Cross straight across highway at Curlew. Continue up and over hill to highway 395. Turn right, and follow all the way down to Spokane.

Another good way is this one because you go through Grand Coulee dam.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

My friend says "the one through the park is closed". Which one is that?
I haven't failed until I quit.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Lady tehMa wrote:My friend says "the one through the park is closed". Which one is that?

It looks like they are all open. http://www.wsdot.com/traffic/trafficale ... heast.aspx
- Douglas Murray
EvaLi211

Post by EvaLi211 »

Thanks everyone!!

It looks like Spokane is really a nice place while we think it's too rushy if we just go for two days (weekend), so we plan to visit in long weekend next year.

We are going to Omak anyway first next weekend just for one day trip. I'll tell how it goes once we come back~~~
I Think
Walks on Forum Water

Post by I Think »

Ma, past my place, through GF right at Laurier, straight down through colville. It is quite a bit quicker than crossing at Midway.
Stop at Rancho Chico in Colville, for Fajitas y Margaritas (we split the fajitas mixtas) each a margarita for under $25.
We're lost but we're making good time.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

I Think wrote:Ma, past my place, through GF right at Laurier, straight down through colville. It is quite a bit quicker than crossing at Midway.
Stop at Rancho Chico in Colville, for Fajitas y Margaritas (we split the fajitas mixtas) each a margarita for under $25.

Well it's not quicker if you're stopping at I Think's place! ;-)
- Douglas Murray
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

If anyone here likes to shop at Prince's in Oroville the hardware and clothing section is shutting down.
No more ACE Hardware.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!

Return to “Referrals”