Best place to buy windshield wipers?

Business and professional recommendations.
kandit

Best place to buy windshield wipers?

Post by kandit »

I used to go to Canadian Tire as their prices were cheaper but I found that Princess Auto is much better in price and they put two in each pack rather than one. The problem is they don't have every size so I'm wondering what other place is a good place to buy wipers in and around Kelowna.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Re: Best place to buy windshield wipers?

Post by Bsuds »

If you want cheap then try Wal Mart. Costco has them as well.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

My last set I purchased in USA at Costco, about $5.00 each. Does anyone know if Costco here has them on sale?
Kelowna_Born
Fledgling

Post by Kelowna_Born »

When im headed to the states I usually do an order to Rock Auto cant beat metal wipers that last a year for $1.50 each. Canadian Tires cheapest metal ones are $14.99 I remember not too long ago being $5.99-7.99 those days are gone. The best deal in Kelowna are the Michelin ones @ Costco $12.99 each any size!
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

Kelowna_Born wrote:When im headed to the states I usually do an order to Rock Auto cant beat metal wipers that last a year for $1.50 each. Canadian Tires cheapest metal ones are $14.99 I remember not too long ago being $5.99-7.99 those days are gone. The best deal in Kelowna are the Michelin ones @ Costco $12.99 each any size!

Interesting, same brand but double price here in Canada.
kandit

Post by kandit »

Yes, Kelowna_born. I remember those days at Canadian Tire weren't that long ago so imagine my surprise when they virtually doubled in price. Can't blame that much on the exchange rate change.
Kelownabusinessman
Fledgling

Post by Kelownabusinessman »

Lordco has some good BOSCH brand for $7
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

When it comes to wipers you get what you pay for.

The best wiper blades I've ever owned I got a year back at Canadian Tire, and they cost $24.99 each, but worth every penny as far as I'm concerned. Bosch Icons they were.

They're so quiet you barely know they're there, and they do an awesome job.

A $5 pair you can probably toss in the garbage after five days.
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
GoStumpy
Lord of the Board

Post by GoStumpy »

*removed*
Last edited by Jo on Nov 12th, 2015, 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: advertising
Disclaimer: My posts may contain honesty. May not be suitable for all audiences.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I was thinking the same thing about best place to buy wiper blades vs which wiper blade brand may save your skinny *bleep* in the event of extreme weather threatening your safety.

Are you willing to spend money on something which may protect your life/car/family/safety/ICBC discount?

Or just go cheap, meaning you have more cash to buy throw-away latte cups at Timmies?

For the price difference most people cruise through a take-out fast food outlet and don't even think twice.

So best place? Like decor, customer service and product knowledge? Or best price, meaning cheaper than ICBC insurance claim processes?
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Grandan
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Grandan »

I was in the habit of buying the Michelin wipers from Costco. The squeaking and chattering as they dragged across my windshield was enough for me to change them for the highest priced ones at Canadian Tire. Cost was not a factor.
Waste not
Relentless
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Relentless »

I find that most of the expensive ones are complete junk as well, not having the flexibility and pressure to make nice clean wipes. The blades may be good, but the quality of the wipe in all weather conditions is not good.
We tried every type Costco sells, and has sold over the last 10 years, they are okay, but definitely overpriced.
It seems that many people aren't too satisfied with the quality of blades over the last few years.
kandit

Post by kandit »

Queen K: If you're talking to me, I've never owned wiper blades that were noisy or a hazard. I just change them when they don't clean as good as they should. It doesn't matter what price you pay if you keep them on too long and they don't clean the windshield anymore. Then they are a hazard. And I don't go to Timmies.
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

UltraViolet wrote:I find that most of the expensive ones are complete junk as well, not having the flexibility and pressure to make nice clean wipes.

What that tells me is that you haven't tried the Bosch Icon blades.
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Every year at this time I change my wiper blades, I have no loyalty to any brand or type. I've tried cheap & expensive they all general last about 1 year.
Of course in areas of our country that get more rain or longer colder conditions (more snow), wiper blade changes would be more often.

Oh yes, I buy mine at Lordco, usually
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.

Return to “Referrals”