Plumber needed

Business and professional recommendations.
Graham59

Plumber needed

Post by Graham59 »

We need a plumber to run a new line to our residence but have had problems in the past using trades people that have been recommended by friends ' I know someone who.....'. Cost is an issue but we all know that you do sometimes get what you pay for. We don't mind paying.......well, within reason......but we do want quality work that doesn't require them coming back several times to fix ongoing problems. We are looking for honest referrals....have you had work done by hardworking, honest, qualified plumbers? Can you give us any info? Much appreciated.
Bpeep
Mindquad

Re: Plumber needed

Post by Bpeep »

By "line" I assume you mean pipe?
To your residence, as in from the main?
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
Kalvin K
Fledgling

Post by Kalvin K »

Bad time of the year to be doing this. Can it wait until spring?
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

Why is it a bad time of year for it?
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
Kalvin K
Fledgling

Post by Kalvin K »

Bman wrote:Why is it a bad time of year for it?

Cold snap coming. Replacing your feeder when it's getting below -10*C is a real PITA.
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

Graham59 wrote:We need a plumber to run a new line to our residence but have had problems in the past using trades people that have been recommended by friends ' I know someone who.....'. Cost is an issue but we all know that you do sometimes get what you pay for. We don't mind paying.......well, within reason......but we do want quality work that doesn't require them coming back several times to fix ongoing problems. We are looking for honest referrals....have you had work done by hardworking, honest, qualified plumbers? Can you give us any info? Much appreciated.

Since you haven't clarified the previous questions, I can only assume what you mean here.
A plumber will not be digging the line from the main to your home. If it is a preexisting home with established landscaping, you will need someone experienced for that. There are other ways of doing it but you have given little info.
Or is this an internal issue within a building.....perhaps strata, where you are incurring the responsibility?
Since you are asking for a plumber, I will give an answer. Ed at EZ Plumbing. Good, honest, & qualified.

Since you have focused on cost, I have no idea who a "cheap" plumber is, and I wouldn't want to know.
You and 71 others Like this post
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

Kalvin K wrote:
Cold snap coming. Replacing your feeder when it's getting below -10*C is a real PITA.

Depending on the property it's usually done in a day.
If weather's an issue, just do it on a decent day.
It's just a trench and a pipe.
TylerM4
Lord of the Board

Post by TylerM4 »

Bman wrote: Depending on the property it's usually done in a day.
If weather's an issue, just do it on a decent day.
It's just a trench and a pipe.

Sounds like a PITA to me.

Normally NOT done in a day from what I've seen. Normally 3 days and often not successive days. 1st day - excavating, 2nd day plumbing, 3rd day backfill. You'd have to organize to have it all done in a day which means added cost, trades waiting for each other, etc. Easily doable on big jobs, this isn't a big job.

Asking 2 different contractors to both commit to jointly "waiting for the same nice day" is almost impossible and nothing short of a huge PITA.

Not impossible, or even overtly difficult but certainly a pain in the *bleep* and ads risk/stress. Hence the recommendation to wait until spring if possible.
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

It all comes down to who's doing it. We've never spent three days doing it.
It's just digging a trench and laying some pipe.
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

There are many companies out there that do it all and it's not
rocket surgery, depending on the type of property; Mountainside, waterfront, flat..etc..

Approved Services, R355(formerly B.Lawrence) R&L, all have the expertise and varied equipment to
do such work, or, at least suggest who fits the job best.

Hope this helps.

-db
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
water15

Post by water15 »

I have found Blair Mechanical to be able to provide the most versatile and honest plumber repairs and installs. :130:

Return to “Referrals”