Pool opening company?

Business and professional recommendations.
Kuhltiffany

Pool opening company?

Post by Kuhltiffany »

I've heard it's time to book someone to open our pool in the spring as they can book up fast (we're new to pool ownership). What companies do you prefer, or have been happy with their services? Thanks!
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Pool opening company?

Post by Dizzy1 »

Where are you located? We usually don't call until mid to late April and have always had ours open by the end of May.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

Used to use *removed* but don't now. Damage happened.

I use beachcomber from Vernon and they come down.

I find many of the places have new people who simply don't know what they are doing......very frustrating.
Last edited by ferri on Jan 20th, 2016, 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: business name removed
You and 71 others Like this post
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

^^^ Same experience with the damage on our pool and I totally agree on the inexperienced openers - very frustrating.

We tried another one in Vernon last year - we made the appointment a month in advance and were told we were the first in line for that day which was good due to our schedules. Not only did they not show up at the time they said they would - they didn't even show up until the evening the next day. When I asked why they didn't show up at the agreed time - the manager said they had other pools to open and they do it by area. I get that, but not to even show up on the same day when we were told we'd be the first is utter garbage.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Kuhltiffany

Post by Kuhltiffany »

We're in Black Mountain (Kelowna). First time pool owners so very cautious about who to trust with our investment!

Dizzy1 wrote:Where are you located? We usually don't call until mid to late April and have always had ours open by the end of May.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Kuhltiffany wrote:We're in Black Mountain (Kelowna). First time pool owners so very cautious about who to trust with our investment!

Ok, I haven't had any experience with Kelowna companies, only with Vernon ones - two of which I will not recommend.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Lot's of hits with an internet search on how to do it yourself.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Bsuds wrote:Lot's of hits with an internet search on how to do it yourself.

I wouldn't recommend that if its your first time with a pool. Best is to get someone with knowledge to walk you through it - same with closing the first time around.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

I'm sure the average pool owner should be able to do the cleaning part and have a pro do the pump maintenance, chemicals, etc and save themselves some money.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Bsuds wrote:I'm sure the average pool owner should be able to do the cleaning part and have a pro do the pump maintenance, chemicals, etc and save themselves some money.

He owners usually do the cleaning - the openers just get the equipment ready, fire it up and do the chemicals. If you have a salt water pool it gets a bit more complex to start it all up.
marc_oliver

Post by marc_oliver »

Hi we used Valley pool for our first opening. The guys showed us how everything works also and are very nice. Since then i've been opening it myself but always use someone for closing. good luck!
nikaaad

Post by nikaaad »

Everclear watercare. They built my pool and closed it last year and I just had it opened by them. They were really nice and had everything on hand so it was quick and easy. They are based in Kelowna and I highly recommend them!

Return to “Referrals”