Can I ask ....

Business and professional recommendations.
SimplySerene

Can I ask ....

Post by SimplySerene »

Hi castanet forum member,

Happy Saturday

I want to help my mom pick a relator,

But I do not have experience in dealing with relators and what I should expect and ask from them

Don’t assume I know the same information as you do.

Basically I need to know the etiquette when dealing with a relator. Dos and don't

(this is what I would like to say to the relator.)
We are looking to sell this home. We choosing a relator who can offer us the following:
1. We need to downsize to make life simple.
2. We want the newest smallest apartment in our area location. Because we like our location
3. Can you sign agreement that if we sell our home you must find a place for us that is new, small and in our location.
4. If we choose you we also need your help in operating and managing people to make the house more shiny(ex. Painting walls, laminate flooring)

So my forum castanet members. Can you please tell me if I can ask these sort of things from a relator? and will they do it? If they can then can you advise me how to say if professionally? Can you tell me what I need to be aware of?
Thank you ladies and gentlemen
zayela

Re: Can I ask ....

Post by zayela »

I've dealt with realtors before, only for buying though. They can definitely help you sell and find a place to buy.. Usually winter time the market is slower, and less options on what to buy, but in the summer prices might go up but also more choice...So that means if YOU sell in the winter, it means less choice for people, so they may buy your place faster..make sense?

Do you need to sell your place in order to buy your new smaller place? Or you already have money for down payment? Because if you already have money you can buy a place before you sell yours. Nobody knows how long it will take to sell your place, right? And by the time you sell your place, the place you might want to buy might already be gone.

I think you don't need agreement if a realtor sells your place, they will help you find a place to downsize. Because the right realtor will be willing to work with previous customer, that means more money to them. So just mention what you're looking to buy (if you're happy with them, after they sold your house) and where and they will send you listings every week or so. You have to find the right place, and like it before you buy it and it might take some time.

Realtors, the ones that have been in the business for a while, can probably help you find contractors/painters/floor layers, through their connections. I don't think they will "operate" them, they are probably too busy for that. But they will point you in the right direction. I would call local contractors and ask for references to see the kind of work they do. Realtors can definitely help you find a mortgage broker, home inspector, lawyer though.

Return to “Referrals”