Central air conditioner

Business and professional recommendations.
LakeCountryYorkies

Central air conditioner

Post by LakeCountryYorkies »

Thinking of installing central air conditioner in my 40 year old house, wondering what is the best place to get it from without being ripped off. I never had one before so need as much info as possible:)
looking4one
Übergod

Re: Central air conditioner

Post by looking4one »

Coral Heating and Air Conditioning is great.
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. Albert Einstein
W105
Guru

Post by W105 »

central A/C is almost a must nowadays living in the OK Valley...(life is so much better when you can sleep and live in your home without melting)

there's many HVAC companies in town, find out exactly the size you need and start calling for quotes..(you'll see right away who's over charging)

do it soon though as once the really hot weather comes all those companies will be booked up solid and you'll be waiting for a while and the heat might suck you in with taking whom ever is available that's where some companies get away with over charging because the customer is at their mercy...
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

Inland Comfort is great. Call Jeff.
You and 71 others Like this post
phillips heating 1234

Post by phillips heating 1234 »

Call Phillips plumbing and heating . Best service and prices !
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

Air Masters helped me a few years ago with my furnace and not only did Dave not overcharge us, he showed up at 6 am in response to an email I had sent. That was a few years ago. But he pushed off a job for a fancy expensive cabin to get us up and running. If they're still around I'd recommend them. https://www.yelp.ca/biz/air-masters-heating-and-ac-kelowna
I haven't failed until I quit.
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

I know someone who is looking to get Central A/C installed - any ideas as to the cost for a standard bi-level? I think under 1000 sq ft on the main. I have no idea what cost would be, I told her I'd ask on the forum. If it is something she could afford then she'd go get quotes.
I haven't failed until I quit.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Depends upon many things.

Someone would have to come and inspect the site and the existing furnace, before a price can be given.

Tell her to look at getting a "mini-split".
Bring back the LIKE button.
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

alanjh595 wrote: Jun 8th, 2022, 8:54 am Depends upon many things.

Someone would have to come and inspect the site and the existing furnace, before a price can be given.

Tell her to look at getting a "mini-split".
That's not a type of skirt. :biggrin:
It's a heat pump.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

I have Milani visiting this week to do a complete swap of furnace and AC.They will be replacing severely mismatched hardware (oversized furnace 120,000 btu, under sized and old AC) with some new stuff. Their quote came in a little lower than others for top notch hardware. We will see how things go.
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Cool Guy AC ...
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

Jlabute wrote: Jul 16th, 2022, 8:11 am I have Milani visiting this week to do a complete swap of furnace and AC.They will be replacing severely mismatched hardware (oversized furnace 120,000 btu, under sized and old AC) with some new stuff. Their quote came in a little lower than others for top notch hardware. We will see how things go.
All done. These guys are professional and offer slightly lower quotes than others. New system keeps the home cool. Gotta sit down and apply for rebates now. AC compressors sure have gotten a bit bigger since newer refrigerants are not as efficient.
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.

Return to “Referrals”