Where to get windows rescreened

Business and professional recommendations.
Carrs Landing Viking
Übergod

Where to get windows rescreened

Post by Carrs Landing Viking »

Would like to know where I can get my windows rescreened. Lake Country or Kelowna.
Thanks.
Nasturtium
Board Meister

Re: Where to get windows rescreened

Post by Nasturtium »

Carrs Landing Viking wrote:Would like to know where I can get my windows rescreened. Lake Country or Kelowna.
Thanks.

Hubby states "any glass shop makes window screens". :135:
We leak as rivers
racewife
Board Meister

Post by racewife »

We just had ours done at Rutland Glass.
They did a good job.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Do it yourself ... grab a roll of screening (Rona has a 100' roll for $87 with smaller sizes available), screen spline if needed (25' pack $7 at Rona) and a spline tool (Cdn. Tire $9.99).

Spline Tool
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Carrs Landing Viking
Übergod

Post by Carrs Landing Viking »

Thanks, I tried doing it myself. To much trouble as I want a heavier screen. All my screens were mostly damaged by woodpeckers and my cat, may he rest in peace.

To the other two who responded, yes I know the window shops can make me new screens. Not what I was looking for.

Thank you for the Rutland Glass referral. There are not many out there that do rescreening.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

If you get it done, ask them if they have the pet proof screening.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Graham Adder
Guru

Post by Graham Adder »

oneh2obabe wrote:Do it yourself ... grab a roll of screening (Rona has a 100' roll for $87 with smaller sizes available), screen spline if needed (25' pack $7 at Rona) and a spline tool (Cdn. Tire $9.99).

Spline Tool

If you haven't worked in a window shop making screens, or haven't gone through the trial and error training program, then you might not want to bother. It really depends on time constraints and how much material you waste before considering it "good enough" or finally reaching the pinnacle of success.
If you've done your own screens with perfect success and no prior experience, consider yourself lucky.
It can be a bit of a knack related adventure to keep the sides (top, bottom, left, right) of the screen from bowing.
There is a sweet spot to the tension you need in the screen to keep it taught, but not so tight that it pulls the side rails. If they bow, they look bad and can create small openings for small insects, defeating the purpose. Too loose and they have waves, wrinkles or creases that are unsightly and cause for companion ridicule.

I used to make wood windows and doors. I never mastered the screen.
Rutland Glass can do it up.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

My deceased ex made windows, screens from aluminum and wood - taught me how... I have even rescreened a patio door using a teaspoon handle as a spline tool. Next time out, I bought a spline tool.

BTW - my teaspoon spline job was perfect horizontally and vertically. No bumps, blips or folds!!
Chill

Return to “Referrals”