Kitchen Appliances

Business and professional recommendations.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Kitchen Appliances

Post by Bsuds »

We are considering purchasing an Air Fryer. Anyone out there have one and do you like it?
So I saw a bumper sticker today that said, I'm a Veterinarian so I drive like an animal.
I suddenly realised how many Proctologists are on the road!
django
Board Meister

Re: Kitchen Appliances

Post by django »

I just use a towel
vegas1500
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by vegas1500 »

Bsuds wrote:We are considering purchasing an Air Fryer. Anyone out there have one and do you like it?

Had one, took it back.... didn't live up to the hype.
W105
Guru

Post by W105 »

I'm on my second air fryer (acti fry)...use it ALL the time !!! worth every penny in my opinion..

(if you do decide to buy one Bsuds, never use any oil on anything...no need too..and they make the best french fries !!)
w84u2
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by w84u2 »

W105 wrote:I'm on my second air fryer (acti fry)...use it ALL the time !!! worth every penny in my opinion..

(if you do decide to buy one Bsuds, never use any oil on anything...no need too..and they make the best french fries !!)

Is there any odor? I have/use a deep fryer and it stinks up my kitchen for days afterwards. I only use it when it's warm and I can put it outside. I have the same issue with using an electric grill inside and all the splattering around the area.
Do the fries come out really crispy, like deep fried?
How does it work with fresh/frozen battered fish?

I would love to ditch my deep fryer.
Computers allow people to make more mistakes in less time than anything since the invention of tequila and automatic weapons.
W105
Guru

Post by W105 »

there is no odor, because there is no oil being used...I got one for that reason..using a deep fryer stinks up the house for days...

it has a removal paddle, so take the paddle out when cooking battered foods, you can also buy a basket (canadian tire sells them) that you could put battered foods on..

I make chicken wings, dry ribs, french fries, schnitzels, frozen dumplings, mozza sticks,bacon, sausages, chicken fingers etc in mine...and yes, it all comes out crispy

another tip if buying one...wash it by hand..it is only the lid (it pops off) the pan (pops out) and the paddle that needs to be cleaned...they are dishwasher safe but I found that the dishwasher is too harsh on it and can crack it over time...
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

W105 wrote: I found that the dishwasher is too harsh on it and can crack it over time...

Is that why you are working on your second one?
So I saw a bumper sticker today that said, I'm a Veterinarian so I drive like an animal.
W105
Guru

Post by W105 »

yes and no...the lid on the first one did crack (but it's still usable) and it is 3 yrs old...I could easily buy a new lid (all parts can be replaced) but I wanted the larger family sized one, AND it was on sale for a super good price, so I decided to upgrade...

I use the old one in our RV though..pretty cool to sit around a campfire eating poutine..lol

are you going to get one Bsuds ???
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

We are seriously looking at it. We have some gift cards that we could use to buy one.
I like the RV'ing idea too but we carry too much stuff now! lol
Wife says we go glamping not camping..
W105
Guru

Post by W105 »

check out the Superstore, Canadian Tire and Walmart for the best prices...I've seen them on sale at the Superstore for dirt cheap !!

and yeah I hear ya about stuffing the RV full..LOL but I made room for mine under the bed storage..fit in there perfectly !!!!
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

We generally prefer Costco for stuff like that because of their no hassel return policy but in this case the gift cards are from the Bay/home outfitters which is not a favorite place to buy That kind of stuff.
I think our friendly dog sitters (next door) have one so I might ask to borrow it to try.
w84u2
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by w84u2 »

Here you go Suds.
http://www.costco.ca/Power-AirFryer-XL--5.02-L-(5.3-qt)-.product.100301923.html
Computers allow people to make more mistakes in less time than anything since the invention of tequila and automatic weapons.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Bsuds, you have a line up of people who need your reviews on the air-fryer. We also want to know if they live up to the hype.

One here says "yes", the other says "no". Which is it damn it!
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
w84u2
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by w84u2 »

Queen K wrote:Bsuds, you have a line up of people who need your reviews on the air-fryer. We also want to know if they live up to the hype.

One here says "yes", the other says "no". Which is it damn it!

I also would like to know what you think about that air-fryer.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

I e-mailed my neighbor and she says they have only used it for fries and they come out good and crispy. They don't use it much because it's a storage problem and it's in their basement. Maybe I'll se if they will loan it to me to try.

Return to “Referrals”