Looking for recommendations re drain installation

Business and professional recommendations.
Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Looking for recommendations re drain installation

Post by Merry »

I want to install a floor drain in my laundry room, but have no clue whether I need to hire a plumber or a general contractor for the job. Has anyone ever had such work done and, if so, can you recommend the company or person who did it?

The job will entail drilling a hole in the concrete floor, installing a drain, hooking it up to the main drain line, and then pouring new concrete to fill in the hole. It's not a big job, but most of it is plumbing, and I don't know whether or not a plumber would be willing to do the cement work.

Any ideas? I live in the North Okanagan.
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin
W105
Guru

Re: Looking for recommendations re drain installation

Post by W105 »

I would call plumbers first...get them to give you a quote on the whole job (ask who they use as a contractor)
w84u2
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by w84u2 »

The job requires more than just a hole in the floor.

I will require a trench to the nearest "main drain" to lay the pipe into, with the correct slope. A large work escavation around the area where the pipes will be connected, cutting and attaching the new drain to the existing drain. Filling in the trench again and coating the entire thing with concrete.

Try Rotto Rooter, Wrights Plumbing, and a few others that I would have to look up for you. The size of the job is dependent upon run/slop and obstacles.
It's more labour intensive than it is cost of materials.
Computers allow people to make more mistakes in less time than anything since the invention of tequila and automatic weapons.
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

Are you on sewer or septic?
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
Relentless
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Relentless »

Primrose Fourplex 2014 (5).JPG
We had to put in a drain when we did a reno, this will give you an idea of what the drain area looks like
Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Merry »

Bman wrote:Are you on sewer or septic?

Sewer
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin

Return to “Referrals”