Recommend a Hybrid SUV?

Business and professional recommendations.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Recommend a Hybrid SUV?

Post by Queen K »

I have had the pleasure of having to shop for a new vehicle today.

Who carries good quality second hand Hybrid SUVs? I know it's a narrow market and I've never driven a hybrid.

I guess what I'm asking is:

1. What hybrid works best for you?
2. Is there a dealership specializing in Hybrids?
3. And also, please no personal I - know- someone sellling xyz-vehicle. I'm very specific with what we need for a vehicle and dont' want to be wasting anyones time. Thank you.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Gilchy
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Recommend a Hybrid SUV?

Post by Gilchy »

I'd also look at a diesel SUV if you're priority is fuel economy, ours gets similar mileage to our old compact hatchback.
vegas1500
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by vegas1500 »

Be careful your not buying one that will require new batteries...(not sure how old of one your seeking). They can be very expensive.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Just came back from car shopping. Sheer and pure frustrating to do it when it's getting to be dusk.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

vegas1500 wrote:Be careful your not buying one that will require new batteries...(not sure how old of one your seeking). They can be very expensive.

Thank you for bringing something to light I hadn't had knowledge of. I guess it's a factor I have no prior experience with and would not think to ask.
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

If you are buying secondhand - get thee to a library and a get a copy of the LemonAid Used Vehicle book. We used the used car one to find a reliable vehicle each time we've bought. You'll be looking for the "SUV's, Vans & Trucks" one.

http://www.lemonaidcars.com/

It tells you what is good and what to avoid.
I haven't failed until I quit.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Queen . Didn't I read your Subaru died in another thread. My God avoid foreign until fixable junk . Get a good American made vehicle . A gas miser will likely be cheaper in the long term and short term than a hybrid . If u do get a hybrid and u do insist on buying foreign junk . Look at an Acura mdx hybrid or the Honda equivalent.
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Jflem1983 wrote: My God avoid foreign until fixable junk . Get a good American made vehicle .

Only 1 American made on this list! http://www.businessinsider.com/most-rel ... 16-spots-1

Foreign made always seems to top the most reliable lists.
So I saw a bumper sticker today that said, I'm a Veterinarian so I drive like an animal.
I suddenly realised how many Proctologists are on the road!
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Jflem1983 wrote:Queen . Didn't I read your Subaru died in another thread. My God avoid foreign until fixable junk . Get a good American made vehicle . A gas miser will likely be cheaper in the long term and short term than a hybrid . If u do get a hybrid and u do insist on buying foreign junk . Look at an Acura mdx hybrid or the Honda equivalent.

Yes, indeed. I am bereft. Anyone who drives a Subaru is usually hooked for life on them.

My thought was to start car shopping when it got warmer, only the Subaru had an engine melt down on Hwy 97 in the Westside industrial area. :cry:

I actually test drove an Accura yesterday. Beauty of a vehicle but not a hybrid. Might buy it anyways.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

My neighbor has a 2017 mdx it is very nice .
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
vegas1500
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by vegas1500 »

Jflem1983 wrote:Queen . Didn't I read your Subaru died in another thread. My God avoid foreign until fixable junk . Get a good American made vehicle . A gas miser will likely be cheaper in the long term and short term than a hybrid . If u do get a hybrid and u do insist on buying foreign junk . Look at an Acura mdx hybrid or the Honda equivalent.

I wouldn't say foreign vehicles are junk....as there's lots of American made junk also (I own both). The Lexus RX450 hybrid is a very nice vehicle, along with the ones mentioned above.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Foreign vehicles tend to be smaller . I should not have said junk

Gilchy
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Gilchy »

Jflem1983 wrote:Foreign vehicles tend to be smaller . I should not have said junk

Only if it's 1976, or you're looking at a Suburban.
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

vegas1500 wrote:I wouldn't say foreign vehicles are junk....as there's lots of American made junk also (I own both). The Lexus RX450 hybrid is a very nice vehicle, along with the ones mentioned above.

They're not junk. Just go with Toyota. There is a reason they have the highest resale value. They just build hearty vehicles. I will never buy another brand if it can be avoided.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Top Five Things I'd Rather do Than Vehicle Shopping

5. Public Speaking.
4. Interview for a new job.
3. Dental Work.
2. Colonospy.
1. Internal exam.

And is having a car dealership open on a Sunday illegal? Just answer me that one will you. Everywhere we went, no one.

I do have a small list of where to go back to, and I'm not necessarily stuck on a hybrid. It was just an idea.

Return to “Referrals”