Replacing Windows

Business and professional recommendations.
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Replacing Windows

Post by Lady tehMa »

Hey folks. I need to replace windows, and I need to do it piecemeal. I'm not about to go into debt (again) just to get them done, but I also can't seem to save the whole amount up. I figure I'll just do them a few at a time as I can afford it. They're way overdue.

That being said, who do you recommend? Who should I stay away from? You can pm me the info for the latter as per the "no negative reviews" rule.

I have a late 60's/early 70's home with wood frame windows, and since husband is on worker's comp for a torn rotator cuff tendon he won't be doing it himself - so I'll need an install as well.
I haven't failed until I quit.
Relentless
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Replacing Windows

Post by Relentless »

I just did the window replacement on my house last year.
I bought all of my windows from Berdick in Penticton, I saved $2000 over similar windows from Kelowna suppliers.
I installed them all myself, but it all depends what your exterior of your house is.

You will also save when ordering all of them in a lump sum, but if you can't afford $6000 up front, I would still get a quote from them and then order them 1 or 2 at a time, with them knowing you are going to eventually get all of them from them.

They also have installers in Kelowna that they recommend that do excellent work.
vegas1500
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Replacing Windows

Post by vegas1500 »

Get a few quotes. I did a house and couldn't believe the difference in price for relatively the same product.....upwards of $14K!

Return to “Referrals”