Auto detailing

Business and professional recommendations.
Grampy2015

Auto detailing

Post by Grampy2015 »

Recommend a good shop that can take out small scratches and swerlls on paint?
vegas1500
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Auto detailing

Post by vegas1500 »

Grampy2015 wrote:Recommend a good shop that can take out small scratches and swerlls on paint?

Mirror Image Auto. Ask for Andy or Alan....amazing work.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Westside has a good shop . Beside Napa. Nice girls there .
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

vegas1500 wrote:Mirror Image Auto. Ask for Andy or Alan....amazing work.

I had my truck done there years ago and it still looks like new.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Is that the X-Kote process? I was looking at their website for the Mrs' TDI - rock chips and swirl marks galore.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Dizzy1 wrote:Is that the X-Kote process? I was looking at their website for the Mrs' TDI - rock chips and swirl marks galore.

Yes it is.
vegas1500
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by vegas1500 »

Dizzy1 wrote:Is that the X-Kote process? I was looking at their website for the Mrs' TDI - rock chips and swirl marks galore.

X-cote gives an amazing result...a buddy had a BMW that he was going to repaint (black)... he chose to try x-cote and about 5 years later still looks new. Bang for the buck, can't beat it....good guys also!
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Thank for the replies guys and a big thanks to the OP for starting this thread :up:
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
GoStumpy
Lord of the Board

Post by GoStumpy »

Dear lord stay away from x-kote unless your paint is VERY VERY BAD and there's no saving it by normal means... real polishing will bring your paint back to as new condition or even better... then a good coat of sealant (I carry a ceramic coating as well!) to protect it.

I've been polishing cars that people think need to be painted for almost 20 years now... trust me taking out small scratches and swirls needs to be done by a professional with a polisher that knows what they're doing... applying a coating over scratches makes just as much sense as it sounds.

I don't mind tootin my own horn, I am the best polishing boutique detail shop in the area.. and I let my work speak for itself.
Disclaimer: My posts may contain honesty. May not be suitable for all audiences.
vegas1500
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by vegas1500 »

LeadingEdgeGlass wrote:Dear lord stay away from x-kote unless your paint is VERY VERY BAD and there's no saving it by normal means... real polishing will bring your paint back to as new condition or even better... then a good coat of sealant (I carry a ceramic coating as well!) to protect it.

I've been polishing cars that people think need to be painted for almost 20 years now... trust me taking out small scratches and swirls needs to be done by a professional with a polisher that knows what they're doing... applying a coating over scratches makes just as much sense as it sounds.

I don't mind tootin my own horn, I am the best polishing boutique detail shop in the area.. and I let my work speak for itself.

X-kote does a lot more than "just a coating". It is not something to stay away from and produces amazing results that are proven. Nothing wrong with a good polish but it's not always the only answer. And no, I don't have any stake in it.
Last edited by vegas1500 on Oct 2nd, 2017, 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

LeadingEdgeGlass wrote:Dear lord stay away from x-kote unless your paint is VERY VERY BAD and there's no saving it by normal means... real polishing will bring your paint back to as new condition or even better... then a good coat of sealant (I carry a ceramic coating as well!) to protect it.

I'm sure you do a great job of detailing but I had my F350 X-koted almost 7 years ago and it still looks awesome. So for you to be so adamant about not using it doesn't make sense to me. My experience tells me different.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Just goes to show you - do your research and look at various options :up:
binky11
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by binky11 »

I know this original post was about a recommendation for auto detailing for the exterior of a car, but I am looking to get the interior done. I remember years ago I traded in a car at Apple Grove Sales. I went back a couple of weeks later and I was hard pressed to even believe this car used to be mine. It was truly amazing. I'll never forget that. I would really prefer the Westside but would go to Kelowna if someone knows of an amazing place there. Any recommendations?
GoStumpy
Lord of the Board

Post by GoStumpy »

We do amazing work at Leading Edge Glass, my detailer almost always removes the seats and cleans absolutely everything... we have the hot-water shampoo extractor, air-powered tools, etc, to get it done right.

Send me a PM if you're interested :)
Disclaimer: My posts may contain honesty. May not be suitable for all audiences.
GoStumpy
Lord of the Board

Post by GoStumpy »

By the way, this is the paint on my Cadillac that has previously been X-Koted...
(This photo is after some polishing that would usually make the paint look fantastic... not this time.)

Ruined. I can no longer polish this car to look great, it will forever be splotchy. I am going to try using a rotary polisher and heavy compounds to attempt to remove it without removing too much surrounding clearcoat, but it is a very risky thing to do.
That's the problem with X-Kote, you apply it and it looks good right now, but omg, it absolutely RUINS the car unless you continue to reapply it. There's no more just wax and polish. It looks like :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss:

Return to “Referrals”