Cabins and Campsites

Business and professional recommendations.
jodester

Cabins and Campsites

Post by jodester »

Hello, just wondering if anybody could offer suggestions. My family and I are looking for a place to camp this summer that offers both campsite and cabin rentals in one spot. My parents would like to stay in a cabin, while the rest of us have small trailers that we camp in. Ideally, we would like a place on a body of water and within 2 hours from Kelowna.

We have come up with a few options, but thought that I could check here to see if there are places we haven't thought of.

Thanks!

Edited to add: We would also be open to one large cabin (4 bedroom) if anybody has any leads. Thanks!
Loki2u
Board Meister

Re: Cabins and Campsites

Post by Loki2u »

Tunkwa Lake
Roche Lake
Salmon Lake

All great fishing spots :up:
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your INFORMED opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant. -Harlan Ellison-
jodester

Post by jodester »

Thanks very much Loki2u - those are exactly the types of places that we are looking for!
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Echo Lake Resort off of Creighton Valley Road outside of Lavington, BC area.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
gardengirl
Walks on Forum Water

Post by gardengirl »

Loki2u wrote:Tunkwa Lake
Roche Lake
Salmon Lake

All great fishing spots :up:

Salmon Lake at Douglas Lake Ranch? Very nice. We stayed there one year at Christmas.
Nice cabins with wood stoves, electricity, kitchens.
Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.
jodester

Post by jodester »

Queen K wrote:Echo Lake Resort off of Creighton Valley Road outside of Lavington, BC area.

Yes! That is a beautiful place - we have stayed there in the past. The only downside is that they don't allow dogs...
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#196555

NOT Rock Creek or anywhere near it.
Also, Pillar Lake Resort is being abandoned due to slide issues.
Pinaten Lake Resort had camping, but it also is under pressures due to slide issues. So not open.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Loki2u
Board Meister

Post by Loki2u »

Queen K wrote:https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-story-196555-3-.htm#196555

NOT Rock Creek or anywhere near it.
Also, Pillar Lake Resort is being abandoned due to slide issues.
Pinaten Lake Resort had camping, but it also is under pressures due to slide issues. So not open.

I think you mean Pinaus Lake is closed due to slide issues. NOT Pillar lake.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-c ... -1.4044430

I wouldn't recommend Pillar lake anyway. It's a *bleep* hole and the lake gets pounded with fishing derbies throughout the summer. It's overstocked and the fish are thin and unhealthy.

Rock Creek will be fine in the summer when you plan on going. Although with the fire that ripped through there, its not as pretty as it once was.
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your INFORMED opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant. -Harlan Ellison-
Noisy Boater
Übergod

Post by Noisy Boater »

Shady Pines in the U.S. on Lake Conconully near Omak is great. Beachfront sites dogs ok and lots to see and do. We spent last long wknd there was $109.00 U.S. for 3 nites pwr water sewer and got 10 channels tv from my antenae. Also have cabins.
Did You Have A Big Bowl Of Stupid For Breakfast ? I Have 8 Billion Gazillion Likes.
gman313
Lord of the Board

Post by gman313 »

I thoroughly enjoyed King Baker Creek Resort - mara lake

Return to “Referrals”