Replacement cushions for outdoor furniture.

Business and professional recommendations.
soontoberetired
Fledgling

Replacement cushions for outdoor furniture.

Post by soontoberetired »

We are having the hardest time finding replacement cushions for our outdoor furniture. Is there someone out there that custom makes cushions to replace original ones?
If you cannot stay young, stay immature!
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Re: Replacement cushions for outdoor furniture.

Post by Bsuds »

There are several upholstery shops in Kelowna. Probably cheaper to buy a new set unless you have really expensive stuff in the first place.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

What kind of furniture is it? Wickerland (on Hwy 97 just past Hwy 33) has replacement cushions and can do custom work. We found cushions for our swing at Home Outfitters, and its replacement canopy at Canadian Tire. Had we needed, we'd have gone with Wickerland.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

soontoberetired wrote:We are having the hardest time finding replacement cushions for our outdoor furniture. Is there someone out there that custom makes cushions to replace original ones?

Did you find anything or anyone to make outdoor cushions?
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
soontoberetired
Fledgling

Our wicker chairs/love seat were purchased 10 years ago from The Bay. They are manufactured by Gluckstein. Cushions are not longer available from the Bay. They have always been undercover and aside from the cushions being faded and soft....the wicker is like new. The cost of reupholstering new cushions is outrageous ($900 + for eight ). It is almost cheaper to buy a whole new set at Costco! I had hoped to find something at Pier 1 or Wickerland. Cushions are either the wrong size, too expensive, or not suitable. We live in a disposable society and the sad thing is that we might have to purchase new outdoor furniture. We have yet to check out JYSK. Their merchandise is often of inferior quality, but we will check them out as well
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Nothing is available on-line?

And how many quotes did you get? :135:
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
soontoberetired
Fledgling

I got in touch with Glukstein at their toll free number but they were not able to help. I had hoped there was someone who did upholstery work from their home. I do not need outdoor fabric for the cushions since the furniture is under cover. New foam would be needed however.
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

Even if you found someone to do the work from their home, it's going to be expensive. They won't have the buying power, and the labour involved will be greater than that of a company with buying power, industrial equipment, and employees to do the work. It wouldn't be surprising if you were to wind up paying a higher cost for inferior work. I should add that if an upholstery craftsman is putting out quality work from a home business, you definitely won’t want to pay the premium that a quality craftsman knows can be charged for that level of skill.

I challenge you to go into a fabric store and price out what you need in material alone, and don't forget extra yardage for pattern matching and layout waste.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
JohnstonOwen

Post by JohnstonOwen »

I totally feel your pain when it comes to finding replacement cushions for outdoor furniture. It can be a real challenge sometimes!
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

Check out Pinterest. They have many solutions for diy
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

I'm trying to find outdoor chair seats cushions, mine are an odd size but I think getting them recovered about as expensive as buying new
Few years ago I paid about 300 for 4 to be recovered
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Four cushions for my metal outdoor chairs I got at a bargain will be almost $700 if I get Sunbrella brand fabric at a certain high end store. So table and four chairs, $98.00 delivered. Four Cushions: $700 after taxes. I did find cushions in Vernon "on clearance" and they would have been $450 for four matching ones but the measurements didn't fit my chairs. I was actually disappointed.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

soontoberetired wrote: Jun 8th, 2017, 8:50 am I got in touch with Glukstein at their toll free number but they were not able to help. I had hoped there was someone who did upholstery work from their home. I do not need outdoor fabric for the cushions since the furniture is under cover. New foam would be needed however.
See if this place is any help https://www.cushionsource.ca/
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

Look on Etsy. I have purchased from there and the pricing is very reasonable.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."

Return to “Referrals”