Addition to an existing house.

Business and professional recommendations.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Addition to an existing house.

Post by Queen K »

I don't want to sell and move but I am having that hemmed in feeling by "too small of a house."
The location here is sweet.

I am looking knocking out the back wall, removing the 15 year old deck, putting in proper foundations and adding a back bedroom complete with a walk-in closet/storage. OR a backdoor opening to a an enclosed deck right off the bedroom.

I have considered the cost of just joining the back of the house to the out building and finishing the outbuilding like it's part of the house for use.

One huge Silver Maple tree with three, yes three, tree trunks would have to be removed with the stump ground out to the ground to do any of this. And the Silver Maple Tree dividing the fence may as well come out at the same time and then I'll enclose the fence properly.

So referral for: tree removal (heck the trunks are so massive it's got to have some commercial value, I could sell the trees).

And deck removal beyond what we could do, ie. we'll unscrew every last plank and life all the planks up and set them aside. There is a metal awning that would have to be removed and scrapped. No value to it.

And plans for how to join the addition with the back in a way that ensures keeping and widening a mudroom, adding a door and room to the left and joining the electrical and heating to the rest of the house.

Yes, I've thought this through.

Who does a great job?
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Re: Addition to an existing house.

Post by Queen K »

No one?

Has anyone had experience with :

murovec renovation company?
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Aloha tree service . He's a good Christian. His son likely runs it now . Worked for them when I was 16 . Good family . Hard working honest . Can't recall the guys name at the moment
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Believe the gentleman's name to be Ed Anderson
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Removing the tree will be key and the trunk is threatening the back outbuilding as it is. I've noticed some changes.

Not to say removing trees doesn't have an odd emotional side, it does. But there is no way to realize a dream addition here with it still standing.

:cry:
whitecandle
Board Meister

Post by whitecandle »

TreeGuy for tree removal. JLives for builder recommendations.
Remember yesterday. Dream tomorrow. Live like crazy today.

Return to “Referrals”