Beach recommendation

Business and professional recommendations.
cindyrae

Beach recommendation

Post by cindyrae »

Visiting your lovely area this week. Looking for recommendations for best beach area to go to that has sand for little kids to play at. I'm not sure what conditions beaches are at after the flooding. Thank you SO much!
Jflem1983
Guru

Re: Beach recommendation

Post by Jflem1983 »

cindyrae wrote:Visiting your lovely area this week. Looking for recommendations for best beach area to go to that has sand for little kids to play at. I'm not sure what conditions beaches are at after the flooding. Thank you SO much!

Welcome to the okanagan . Dependant on where u r staying I like many beaches . Oyama by the general store is Sandy. Gyro in kelowna is want so is city park . Penticton does more to cater to the beach crowd all of their beaches are Sandy and beautiful
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
stuphoto
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by stuphoto »

with children I would probably just go to the main beach right beside the bridge on the Kelowna side.
There is usually parking within walking distance, lots for children to see and play with. Plus there should be several other visiting families, so they may make some long term friends.

There are also some nice beaches behind and past the hospital. However they are harder to get to and can be tough to find parking at. The advantage is they are often free parking, if you can find a spot.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

cindyrae wrote:Visiting your lovely area this week. Looking for recommendations for best beach area to go to that has sand for little kids to play at. I'm not sure what conditions beaches are at after the flooding. Thank you SO much!

I'm more interested in what you mean by "area."

If you're down in Summerland, then the Sun-Oka Beach is what I'd recommend.

Kelowna? The Hot Sands beach downtown Kelowna has steep drop offs and quickly.

Gyro and Rotary Beaches down Lakeshore Drive has more forgiving depths and in my opinion, nicer beach toys. Both have beach toy rental booths too.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Bertram koloya there are many north to south . Further south u go the better it gets as far as I have seen ok falls is awesome . Love the old rail bridge
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
cindyrae

Post by cindyrae »

We're staying in Peachland and have a car. Thanks for your suggestions...they're helpful.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Oh peachland is good as it gets . Just go to beach avenue. Have fun . One of the docks is dedicated to a man who was like the dad I never had . I love peachland . Spent many days and nights on the water there

Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Okanagan Falls has a nice Skaha Lake Beach for kids. Good day trip from Peachland too. And there is Tickleberrys, an ice cream place just outside the town, good ice cream for the kids.

For sure JFlem, the beach walk is nice but there are no sandy beaches for kids to dig into there and then run into the lake. I love the Peachland Museum with it's realistic mini railroad set up upstairs.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

cindyrae wrote:We're staying in Peachland and have a car. Thanks for your suggestions...they're helpful.

How old are the kids? :D
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Queen K wrote:Okanagan Falls has a nice Skaha Lake Beach for kids. Good day trip from Peachland too. And there is Tickleberrys, an ice cream place just outside the town, good ice cream for the kids.

For sure JFlem, the beach walk is nice but there are no sandy beaches for kids to dig into there and then run into the lake. I love the Peachland Museum with it's realistic mini railroad set up upstairs.

Kids can jump off the docks . Parents can enjoy a highly illegal beverage beachside. Love peachland

Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Depends on how old the kids are. Five, no. Ten? Yes.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Fair enuff . Heck if you got real young ones the beach is gonna be tuff no matter where you go . No matter what thank you for spending your tourist dollars in the okanagan .

Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

The beaches in Summerland have a kids spray park and it may be open by now but it did sustain shoreline damage. Might be fixed by now.
60-YEARS-in-Ktown
Guru

Post by 60-YEARS-in-Ktown »

Jflem1983 wrote:Fair enuff . Heck if you got real young ones the beach is gonna be tuff no matter where you go . No matter what thank you for spending your tourist dollars in the okanagan .

I don't think it will be tough keeping them occupied in City Park if the Water Park is open.
I'd like to help You OUT,
Which way did You come in??
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

City Park does have a spray park and for older kids there is the business anchored there with the water park floating adventure land. I just don't like how fast the drop off is and never got comfortable with it. I think the water is colder too because of that drop off. But that's just me.

Return to “Referrals”