Painted Picture Cleaning

Business and professional recommendations.
GenesisGT
Guru

Painted Picture Cleaning

Post by GenesisGT »

I have an old painting that was in a smoked filled house for many years and have been told a cleaning would make the picture look extremely different.

So any recommendation for picture cleaning in Kelowna or the valley.
You can see the past but cannot go there, you cannot see the future but you can go there.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Re: Painted Picture Cleaning

Post by Bsuds »

Try Google and maybe the Art Gallery.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

We had an oil fire in our house when I was a teen - my mom used bread dough to lift off the smoke residue. I haven't heard of anyone else using it though.

Here's what a quick Google showed me. http://www.ehow.com/how_8052983_clean-cigarette-smoke-paintings.html
I haven't failed until I quit.
Iamsomeone
Fledgling

Post by Iamsomeone »

Lady tehMa wrote:We had an oil fire in our house when I was a teen - my mom used bread dough to lift off the smoke residue. I haven't heard of anyone else using it though.

That makes sense though. It would be similar to 'silly putty' or that putty stuff you use to lift dirt off a computer keyboard. Not super sticky but just sticky enough.

Your Mom was before her time :) She should have patented it!
GenesisGT
Guru

Post by GenesisGT »

Lady tehMa wrote:We had an oil fire in our house when I was a teen - my mom used bread dough to lift off the smoke residue. I haven't heard of anyone else using it though.

Here's what a quick Google showed me. http://www.ehow.com/how_8052983_clean-cigarette-smoke-paintings.html

Thank you for the link, I had not considered trying it clean it myself. I might just see if I can buy a picture for a couple of bucks and test out my skills. And if it doesn't work out, I will just sit down and make myself a sandwich.
You can see the past but cannot go there, you cannot see the future but you can go there.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

What kinda sammwhich?

And then you'll call the Rotary Center for the Arts, and ask if they have any leads. And then the Art Gallery. And then fine art galleries, Hambelton?
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
GenesisGT
Guru

Post by GenesisGT »

OMG, all that sounds like work, easier just to sell the picture, take the cash and go buy a sandwich.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

A cleaned picture fetches more cash. :biggrin:
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

Queen K wrote:A cleaned picture fetches more cash. :biggrin:

More than a real good sammich ? :200:
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"

Return to “Referrals”