Any trustworthy car sale lots?

Business and professional recommendations.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Re: Any trustworthy car sale lots?

Post by Bsuds »

binky11 wrote: I may owe you my first born for this. Hehe.

If you want to thank me then "take" my first born! lol
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
binky11
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by binky11 »

Was waiting for that haha.
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

This topic has “trustworthy” and “car sales lot” in the same sentence ?

Yes there are much better deals with private sales, BUT be careful. There are lots of curbers and assorted crooks selling cars in the Okanagan.

Don’t rely on mechanical exams to confirm a vehicle’s identity. Rare that a mechanic can insure the true identity of a vehicle.

Many an Okanagan car buyer has had a renumbered stolen taken from them, with little recourse.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
binky11
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by binky11 »

SBuds!! When would you like me to deliver my son to you? I just bought that Toyota Camry. The guy came down with it from radium hot springs today, met him at my mechanic, mechanic said it was a steal of a deal, almost made the owner want to ask more lol THEN, I get to the insurance agency to insure it, and they said because the purchase price was so below market value, they needed me to fill out a section as to why I paid lower than its worth. I didn't even lie to save on taxes, put the full amount in. Yea, dumb I know but I am honest to fault. Well, what was I suppose to put in that section? Lol. How do I know why he was selling it cheap? Maybe needed fast cash, but mechanic checked out the important stuff. So I ended up with a 2004 Toyota Camry with 116,000 kms for $5850.00. I am one very happy camper! I don't know how I missed this car in my searches, but if not for you SBuds, I would still be hunting. So seriously, I thank you VERY much!!
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

I'm glad it worked out for you and hope it continues to do so.
binky11
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by binky11 »

Thank you! And sorry for calling you Sbuds, and not Bsuds. You sure you don't want my firstborn? Hehe
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

binky11 wrote: You sure you don't want my firstborn? Hehe

No Thanks, I'm good.
WeatherWoman
Wicked Witch of the West Coast

Post by WeatherWoman »

MAPearce wrote:
WeatherWoman wrote:Glenrosa buy and sell on facebook at a 2009 Toyota Matrix for $7500

Haven`t seen you around here for AGES , WW ..

How`s it going ?

Oh man that would be a long post to answer this question.

the short is busy...I post more regularly in other threads.
"It takes a village to raise a fool." ~ Dan Mangan
benzguy

Post by benzguy »

Car lots have changed BIG TIME over the years, and there are not many left. Now there are a bunch of ill-informed clipboard holding people with sales licenses who know nothing about any of the cars unless they look on line, instead of the old school knowledgeable guys.. Product knowledge is near zero, and over 75% of them won't be there down the road. Buy privately, be diligent, and watch out for the gypsies. There is an epidemic of people re-selling cars and lying to you about their histories. There's lots of wannabe car people out there, or they think they are, and they are not very good at what they think they do. Ask around to friends to recommend someone who may have an inside track on cars, or someone who used to be in the business that knows his or her stuff. Personally, I have bought my last few cars from a guy here in Vernon who is a real honest guy. He used to run a car lot in Westbank in the nineties and in Salmon Arm in the 2000's. This guy gets lots of cars still because he says it's like a disease as they keep falling into his lap from previous clients and from the Dealers. In fairness to him, I don't think it's the right protocol to mention his name, but most people know the guy. He's a straight shooter for sure and has never misinformed us about any vehicle, and found him a pleasure to deal with. kinda looks like a "Woodstock" burnout ex-hippie kind of guy, and very down to earth, but I would recommend him to anyone looking for a vehicle. Bought three Hondas from him over the years, never had a major problem with any of them. :up:
getoboy

Post by getoboy »

Hey...I know the guy....Straight shooter for sure....One thing that stood out to me was that he was quick to disclose
that he was accredited and licensed by the Province of B.C. said he relayed a story that he was one of the very first to get his salesman's license in B.C. when they were first implemented back in 2004. Very knowledgeable fellow too, knows his stuff, seems to have a penchant for Mercedes cars. Probably wouldn't want to be on his bad side, have heard he is "affiliated" to some good business people. I haven't bought anything from him but a lady friend did, and she mentioned she couldn't believe how smooth the whole process was.
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

That is wonderful news, Binky!

I'm in the market for another car as well - accident and ICBC wrote mine off. Last time I went auction (helps to have someone in the family who knows cars) but this time our mechanic has suggested one he's worked on that the owner is selling. We have to wait because he works out of town, but it's a great deal. :)
I haven't failed until I quit.
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

Anyone, other than me, think that it's sad that we are having this discussion ?

Yes there are shysters in all retail businesses, but to the extent that we have to network to find a trustworthy one ?

And no, I'm not saying it's not warranted, it's a good idea.

We don't see topics like, "Any trustworthy drug stores ?", "Any trustworthy stereo stores ?" "Any trustworthy appliance stores ?"

Yes, some stores have better prices or better products, but generally all are trustworthy, and their sales people don't even have to be licensed by the province to sell their goods !

Sad really.

For those who buy new vehicles. The "dealerships" seem to be thought of as more reputable than the straight "Used car lots", but,,,, every dealt with one who, charged a "document fee" ?, had pre-installed extras, like Nitrogen filled tires with a "tire warrantee"

News flash ! - for the average car, Nitrogen filled tires doesn't really matter a hill of beans, our atmosphere is already about 80% nitrogen. Maybe that will be next big deal "All our vehicles are equipped with tires filled with 80% nitrogen"

Every few months or so, CBC Marketplace or similar TV show does an undercover sting on car lots, dealerships, auto repair shops, curbers and reveals the extent that the public are being mislead/defrauded.

Then what happens ? Our governments does their impression of the WWF referees, or the referees for the Harlem Globetrotters vs the Washington Generals.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"

Return to “Referrals”