Household items donations

Business and professional recommendations.
Even Steven
Guru

Household items donations

Post by Even Steven »

So we cleaned up our house, and put all good items in bags. So far I have two bags of shoes (gently used), a bag of women and men clothes (all in good shape and some even still have stickers). Pans, pots, kitchen stuff - another bag. Some household electronics like laptop, alarm clock, drapes, some kids toys and clothes but not a whole lot.

Question! Is there a place that will take all of it? I don't want to waste time guessing and going all around the town, kinda looking for one place takes all kind of a deal.

Cause doesn't really matter.

PS: Decluttering feels so great.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Re: Household items donations

Post by ferri »

Kelowna Women's Shelter Thrift Store   :D
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

ferri wrote:Kelowna Women's Shelter Thrift Store   :D

They take all clothes, not just women's?
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Value Village if you're really stuck (they've taken everything so far that you've mentioned).
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

They take mens clothes and kitchen stuff too. :)

Edited to add from their website:

DROP OFF

Please drop off items on Mondays, Wednesdays and Saturdays as these are the days we have volunteers available to accept and sort items. Sorry, we are unable to pick up donations
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Post by JayByrd »

Value Village will take virtually anything, even if they'll end up never putting it on a shelf. For fast and easy, they're your best bet.

If you want your items to do some good, I'd agree with a thrift store, and the Kelowna Women's Shelter one would be my pick too.
When someone says they pay taxes, you know they're about to be an ******e.
bjsilent
Board Meister

Post by bjsilent »

Even Steven wrote:So we cleaned up our house, and put all good items in bags. So far I have two bags of shoes (gently used), a bag of women and men clothes (all in good shape and some even still have stickers). Pans, pots, kitchen stuff - another bag. Some household electronics like laptop, alarm clock, drapes, some kids toys and clothes but not a whole lot.

Question! Is there a place that will take all of it? I don't want to waste time guessing and going all around the town, kinda looking for one place takes all kind of a deal.

Drop it all off at the KGM on Leon Ave then go back about three hours later and all the stuff you just dropped off will be laying all over the street and the electronics will have found a new home at the nearest pawn shop [icon_lol2.gif]
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Big Brothers and Big Sisters.....they will pick-up. Just leave everything outside on a prearranged collection day.
Bring back the LIKE button.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Non-profit in Winfield with drop off points from Vernon to West Kelowna.

https://www.castanet.net/news/Get-Invol ... s-for-AAFO
https://www.facebook.com/AAFOutreach/po ... fy_me_page
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Salvation army
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Even Steven wrote:So we cleaned up our house, and put all good items in bags. So far I have two bags of shoes (gently used), a bag of women and men clothes (all in good shape and some even still have stickers). Pans, pots, kitchen stuff - another bag. Some household electronics like laptop, alarm clock, drapes, some kids toys and clothes but not a whole lot.

Hi, There are two shoe collection boxes at the Capital News center off of Gordon Drive. They get a lot of shoes donated, I've done it myself.

And my fav thrift stores to donate to are SHARE depot, drive into the alley and they have a drop off right at a gate with a volunteer to assist. And the Kelowna Women's Shelter Thrift store as per Ferri's recommendation.

And yes, Value Village too, can't knock them as they employee so many people and don't rely on volunteers. I just wish their prices were a bit more reasonable, but they have huge expenses too.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

There are guidelines to follow when donating:
http://www.kelownathriftstore.ca/donati ... to-donate/
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
jcow84

Post by jcow84 »

If you live in Rutland (or don't mind driving over), the Kelowna Hospital Auxiliary Thrift Store is great. It's right beside Little Ceasar's Pizza.

https://kelowna.cioc.ca/record/KNA1202
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

^^ yes, but they are limited in what they can take.

Having that in mind, the SPCA thrift store is right behind them. Kelowna Auxillary Hospital thrift store first, then the SPCA one for what the other can't take. Win/win.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

ferri wrote:Kelowna Women's Shelter Thrift Store   :D

Thanks for the tip. Just drove there, and they took everything. Saved a bunch of trips to different places!
:130:

Return to “Referrals”