Hot water tank replacement

Business and professional recommendations.
Jflem1983
Guru

Re: Hot water tank replacement

Post by Jflem1983 »

Ive replaced furnaces with no tickets as well. Theres no law against it.
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

If i was too cheap to pay a guy. Id do it myself again.
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Jflem1983 wrote:Ive replaced furnaces with no tickets as well. Theres no law against it.

You need a permit - please do not offer advice.
Last edited by Fancy on Jan 5th, 2018, 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Fancy wrote:
Jflem1983 wrote:Ive replaced furnaces with no tickets as well. Theres no law against it.

You need a permit - do not offer advice.

U certainly do not as a home9wner need a permit for work u do yourself. U r wrong. U dont do any work. How the heck would u kn9w

Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Jflem1983 wrote: U dont do any work. How the heck would u kn9w

You don't know the first thing about me and my family.
Homeowner Qualifications
A homeowner must not perform regulated work on gas systems or gas
equipment unless the individual is in accordance with section 27 of the Safety
Standards Act. If you have sufficient knowledge and experience to do regulated
work, such as installing gas equipment, you may apply for an installation permit.
A permit helps ensure that the person who is doing the work understands how
to complete it properly, and safely, and that the work will be inspected to ensure
that it is safe.

https://www.technicalsafetybc.ca/sites/ ... as_web.pdf

Because we have had work done, have handymen and professionals in the family and looked into it.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

They might have passed some new bs legislation im not sure. I dont follow it that close. I cant imagine not allowing an owner to work on their own stuff seems communist to me

Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

It's been like that as long as I can remember. Keep in mind for the rebate:

installed in accordance with the requirements of Technical Safety BC
and/or gas authority having jurisdiction in your area and in accordance
with the manufacturer’s specifications and all applicable laws, codes,
standards and ordinances

https://www.fortisbc.com/Rebates/Rebate ... pdf#page=2
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

It was not that way whe. I was in gas fitting school . 5 years ago

oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Do the work yourself but don't be surprised when the insurance company denies your claim because whatever you installed wasn't done properly, nor inspected by licenced personnel and certification given.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Roughnecks on service rigs put gas wells together every day. No tickets. Its all bs. Half inch gas line in a house . Its tiny. No pressure. The law is either a crooked law . Or something else is happening. It makes no sense to not encourage a home owner to fix stuff. Think of people in remote areas. What are they supposed to do

Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

You must have skipped that day.
Jflem1983 wrote:It was not that way whe. I was in gas fitting school . 5 years ago

I'm assuming you don't have your red seal then.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Either way its not my problem. My water tank and furnace both work great and im not afraid to fix stuff. Enjoy the cold showers. Yes i have a gas ticket

Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

The point is. If u r too cheap to pay someone. U can do it yourself. Regardless of law. No one will know any different.

Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Also. Theres about a 35 percent chance its an electruc water heater

Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Jflem1983 wrote:The point is. If u r too cheap to pay someone. U can do it yourself. Regardless of law. No one will know any different.
A lot of people reading this have taken note.

The OP needs to go to someone reliable that is up to date on any code changes and gets a certification for their new hot water replacement. There is zero reason to take chances on having insurance null and void.

Return to “Referrals”