How to replace all plumbing in House?

Business and professional recommendations.

Re: How to replace all plumbing in House?

Postby Merry » Jan 8th, 2018, 7:32 pm

generalposter wrote:A devise has just come available that works in conjunction with an I-Phone; a type of app. About $100 at builders supply stores. It enables you to pinpoint the exact location of plumbing, wiring, structure, dead bodies and hidden loot within the walls. I have been told it works amazingly well.

Sounds interesting; I wonder if it would work with an ipad for those of us who don't have a smart phone?
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin
Merry
Guru

Liked in: 4624 posts

Postby Bsuds » Jan 8th, 2018, 7:46 pm

MAPearce wrote:I'm thinking there's gonna be some complete drywall re and re ...

Yup, ceiling in basement and family room as well as some walls. There is a drop section to the ceiling in our laundry room and I suspect some of the plumbing for the upstairs bathrooms is in there as well. Not a fun job. Maybe just cross our fingers and hope for the best.
The leak we just had was nothing to do with the pipes but a leaking valve on the washing machine. It just got us thinking.
I have never tried Yoga but I bent over to pick up my keys once so I'm pretty sure I wouldn't like it.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Liked in: 10441 posts

Postby MAPearce » Jan 8th, 2018, 9:15 pm

The leak we just had was nothing to do with the pipes but a leaking valve on the washing machine. It just got us thinking.

Yeah , "thinking" .

If you have the loot , do it for the piece of mind I guess..

If you're never EVER going to leave that place it's worth it .
I payed attention in High school....But not to what they were trying to teach me..
MAPearce
Walks on Forum Water

Liked in: 3644 posts

Postby Jlabute » Jan 10th, 2018, 1:45 pm

Our kitty-corner neighbours had 2 or 3 emergency restoration vehicles parked out back a few days back. Neighbour to the side of me went through a nasty restoration after a pipe broke and flooded the basement. I am waiting for my turn now.
I do diligence and sometimes diligence does me.
Jlabute
Übergod

Liked in: 941 posts

Postby alanjh595 » Jan 10th, 2018, 2:30 pm

Jlabute wrote:Our kitty-corner neighbours had 2 or 3 emergency restoration vehicles parked out back a few days back. Neighbour to the side of me went through a nasty restoration after a pipe broke and flooded the basement. I am waiting for my turn now.

What year was their houses built? I am interested because I may have to replace mine very soon as well. I have all Poly B plumbing (Grey plastic pipe).
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.
alanjh595
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 2384 posts

Postby MAPearce » Jan 10th, 2018, 6:17 pm

Jlabute wrote:Our kitty-corner neighbours had 2 or 3 emergency restoration vehicles parked out back a few days back. Neighbour to the side of me went through a nasty restoration after a pipe broke and flooded the basement. I am waiting for my turn now.

I gotta guy .....
I payed attention in High school....But not to what they were trying to teach me..
MAPearce
Walks on Forum Water

Liked in: 3644 posts

Postby Jlabute » Jan 10th, 2018, 6:23 pm

My home is late 40’s, theirs maybe early 50’s. I am guessing. Beside mine is late 40’s.
I do diligence and sometimes diligence does me.
Jlabute
Übergod

Liked in: 941 posts

Postby alanjh595 » Jan 10th, 2018, 6:31 pm

Those are pre-poly B plumbing. Do they have galv./steel piping?
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.
alanjh595
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 2384 posts

Previous

Return to Referrals