How to replace all plumbing in House?

Business and professional recommendations.
Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Re: How to replace all plumbing in House?

Post by Merry »

generalposter wrote:A devise has just come available that works in conjunction with an I-Phone; a type of app. About $100 at builders supply stores. It enables you to pinpoint the exact location of plumbing, wiring, structure, dead bodies and hidden loot within the walls. I have been told it works amazingly well.

Sounds interesting; I wonder if it would work with an ipad for those of us who don't have a smart phone?
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

MAPearce wrote:I'm thinking there's gonna be some complete drywall re and re ...

Yup, ceiling in basement and family room as well as some walls. There is a drop section to the ceiling in our laundry room and I suspect some of the plumbing for the upstairs bathrooms is in there as well. Not a fun job. Maybe just cross our fingers and hope for the best.
The leak we just had was nothing to do with the pipes but a leaking valve on the washing machine. It just got us thinking.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

The leak we just had was nothing to do with the pipes but a leaking valve on the washing machine. It just got us thinking.

Yeah , "thinking" .

If you have the loot , do it for the piece of mind I guess..

If you're never EVER going to leave that place it's worth it .
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

Our kitty-corner neighbours had 2 or 3 emergency restoration vehicles parked out back a few days back. Neighbour to the side of me went through a nasty restoration after a pipe broke and flooded the basement. I am waiting for my turn now.
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Jlabute wrote:Our kitty-corner neighbours had 2 or 3 emergency restoration vehicles parked out back a few days back. Neighbour to the side of me went through a nasty restoration after a pipe broke and flooded the basement. I am waiting for my turn now.

What year was their houses built? I am interested because I may have to replace mine very soon as well. I have all Poly B plumbing (Grey plastic pipe).
Bring back the LIKE button.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Jlabute wrote:Our kitty-corner neighbours had 2 or 3 emergency restoration vehicles parked out back a few days back. Neighbour to the side of me went through a nasty restoration after a pipe broke and flooded the basement. I am waiting for my turn now.

I gotta guy .....
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

My home is late 40’s, theirs maybe early 50’s. I am guessing. Beside mine is late 40’s.
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Those are pre-poly B plumbing. Do they have galv./steel piping?
Bring back the LIKE button.
Clipper

Post by Clipper »

I just started on a major reno on our mobile that had copper water lines which had been modified/worked over a few times.
For me Uponor pex was a no brainer; I watched for a used expander for sale , grabbed it and went to work.
Cut, expand, and shove the fitting in and done! I did a home run system (separate lines for each fixture from manifolds). A hell of a lot easier than trying to get a crimper and ring lined up on a wiggly piece of pex that doesn't want to hold still.
In your case you wouldn't need to follow the old lines; just go the easiest way possible to cut down on drywall repair.
twofingers
Board Meister

Post by twofingers »

f you already have insurance on your home, and have a water loss due to the Poly-B plumbing leaking or rupturing, you could face a huge increase in premium or deductible on renewal. Even worse, the company may not offer you a renewal, and you will then be faced with trying to find a company willing to insure your home. This is never an easy task, especially if the loss you suffered was a large one.

Return to “Referrals”