Ants

Business and professional recommendations.
Bubalouie
Guru

Ants

Post by Bubalouie »

Anyone else having issues with ants? For the past couple of weeks have been finding them here and there, seems unusual, ???
alanjh595
Banned

Re: Ants

Post by alanjh595 »

Bubalouie wrote:Anyone else having issues with ants? For the past couple of weeks have been finding them here and there, seems unusual, ???

It is a bit early for ants. Are they inside or outside?
Bring back the LIKE button.
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

Are they giving you troubles? Loitering, talking loudly at night, partying with their beetles roommates?
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

We had the same thing last year. Means that they're probably staying over winter somewhere in your house. We'd only see one or two at a time but when we pulled the beer fridge in the basement away from the wall, we found a swarm of about a foot round living on the cement directly under the compressor.
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Bubalouie wrote:Anyone else having issues with ants? For the past couple of weeks have been finding them here and there, seems unusual, ???

A 12 gauge shot gun will take care of 'em.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Glacier wrote:A 12 gauge shot gun will take care of 'em.

That will just *bleep* them off and they will eat you when you are sleeping. :200:
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

^^ That sounds like the voice of experience.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

See Ant Keeping threadunder creative endeavours
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Here's what you do ....
Get some baking soda and mix that with an equal amount of good ole BC Sugar... Stir it all up so it's mixed well.

Lay that down where you see the biggest amount of ants and watch them come running for it . In no time flat you'll have no ants.. Well you'll have bits of dead ants everywhere but the vacuum cleaning machine will take care of that .
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Borax (20 Mule team) and sugar also works or you can go to your local hardware store and buy "Ant-be-Gone" Insecticide spray. You will have to listen to the clerk for 3 minutes on how to use it, but it works great.
Bring back the LIKE button.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

alanjh595 wrote:Borax (20 Mule team) and sugar also works or you can go to your local hardware store and buy "Ant-be-Gone" Insecticide spray. You will have to listen to the clerk for 3 minutes on how to use it, but it works great.

Also effective but who doesn't already have baking soda and sugar in their cupboards???
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
Bubalouie
Guru

Post by Bubalouie »

Figured out where they were coming from, hubby had brought in a plant that had been outside all summer, when he went to water it the other day, they were all scrambling to get out of the pot so that plant is back outside and he did the borax mix for the critters that "got away".
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Did you know that ants cant fart ?

hence the bi sodium carbonate... SO cool ..

leerned that from an entomologist
just popping in
Lord of the Board

Post by just popping in »

Well that is an important piece of info!
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

MAPearce wrote:Did you know that ants cant fart ?

hence the bi sodium carbonate... SO cool ..

leerned that from an entomologist

So would that work on my Wife?

She claims to never fart either! :200:
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!

Return to “Referrals”