Accident Lawyer recommendation

Business and professional recommendations.
pmaria
Fledgling

Accident Lawyer recommendation

Post by pmaria »

Hello, my wife was involved an a nasty rearend accident, and everyone has suggested we contact a lawyer. I have no experience with this, and it sounds expensive with no guarantee of any payback. We're definitely not looking for a quick cash windfall, but its apparent that her way of life and possible future employment could be affected. I guess I'm just interested in options, and really have no idea how to start or what to do.

So any suggestions on the least snakiest of accident lawyers in Kelowna?
alanjh595
Banned

Re: Accident Lawyer recommendation

Post by alanjh595 »

There are many personal injury lawyers out there that will work on your behalf on a "contingency" basis. That means that there is no cost to you unless you win the case. The bad part is that they will charge you up to (and sometimes more) 50% of the settlement award.
You need to talk to a lawyer in the early stages immediately after the accident, and follow their directions in order to get the biggest bang for your buck.
If ICBC makes an offer close to the accident time, turn it down and tell them that you will be asking a lawyer for his advice before accepting. ICBC may come back very shortly with another, higher offer. Be aware though, if you agree and settle with ICBC after talking/retaining a lawyer, you will have to give 1/2 to that lawyer.
Also, be prepared to wait 2+ years for a settlement or court date. During that time you and your wife will have to see many Dr.s and keep detailed records of before and after losses and costs and income verification.

Good luck.
Bring back the LIKE button.
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Accident Lawyer recommendation

Post by LANDM »

Ric Bronson at Bronson Jones in Vancouver is the best for dealing with ICBC. That is all they do. Not local but don’t have to be.
You and 71 others Like this post

Return to “Referrals”