Info on Victoria bc.

Business and professional recommendations.
Simon hevey

Info on Victoria bc.

Post by Simon hevey »

Hi to all, am looking for some informations on Victoria.
Am looking to move in bc and Victoria look very nice place to stay. What look like the weather, jobs, rent.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Re: Info on Victoria bc.

Post by Bsuds »

http://www.victoria.ca/#

We are approximately 500kms including a Ferry ride from Victoria so you might get more informative info from their website than here.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Simon hevey wrote:Hi to all, am looking for some informations on Victoria.
Am looking to move in bc and Victoria look very nice place to stay. What look like the weather, jobs, rent.

Lived there most of my life and lived here the longest of anywhere else I've lived in BC and to be honest , Kelowna and Victoria are very similar when it comes to cost of living including rent AND availabilty .. It sucks .

As for jobs and weather , it's not as wet as they say it is in Vic year round but the winters are warmer than here and the summers are cooler also . Jobs are just as easy too find if you wanna sling burgers or schlepp lattes or swing a hammer but Victoria might have an advantage via the fact that it's a gov't town , has 2 major hospitals and a tech sector just as big as Keownas if those are the things you're looking for . The major difference in the two cities IMO is Victoria being on an Island , there is a slower place to things there , the ocean and rain forests are only minutes away in any direction and the people tend to be a bit nicer ....

Even the ones from Toronto.
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
Simon hevey

Post by Simon hevey »

Thx for the informations.
WeatherWoman
Wicked Witch of the West Coast

Post by WeatherWoman »

Simon hevey wrote:Hi to all, am looking for some informations on Victoria.

I live here.....lots of jobs that won't pay you enough to live here. You will most like need to live out of tent as it almost impossible to find an affordable place to live.

I would do a job search in your field and see what it pays and then look at rents and housing costs. If you are looking to buy then houses start at half a million for crap.

Summers are nice and rain in the winter.

Cost of living is high here.
"It takes a village to raise a fool." ~ Dan Mangan
burnedatstake
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by burnedatstake »

its a nice city. it is a real bubble. meaning that it is a destination both on the island and from the mainland. the malahat hwy is not to be trifled with and can be a nightmare with traffic - and the ferries from the mainland take 2 plus hours to travel to and from. similar to kelowna in the sense of tourism. lots of visitors. the rain in the lower mainland (whether it is a little less in victoria) is soul sucking if you work outdoors. and you can be assured of it for a solid 5-6 months of being wet and dreary. in the end it depends on what you look for.
the capitalist idea of liberty is that one persons right to profit can be greater than another persons right to live.

Return to “Referrals”