ForKelowna

Temporary forum for civic elections
Partmanpartfish
Übergod

ForKelowna

Post by Partmanpartfish »

My voting strategy is very simple:

Don't vote for anyone endorsed by Six Privileged Old White Egomaniac Misogynists.*

*Does not refer to any specific persons or group.
Last edited by Partmanpartfish on Oct 27th, 2014, 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Logitack
Walks on Forum Water

Re: ForKelowna

Post by Logitack »

this was my thinking last time, i never expected citizens to buy into the 4 greed vision and campaign, but clearly I was wrong given the outcome of the previous election. They, the 4 change group, successfully got their backed candidates elected, well most of them.

it is a shame that "citizens for kelowna" havent been able to form their own group to campaign in this election, but that would require money, time, effort, and manpower to be a force in this election.
jamapple
Übergod

Post by jamapple »

Because they can't afford to being chased by big money. That is why you will see low voter turnouts,as in the past. No one ever recalls knowing what the outcome was going to be before it even happened? This election, like the last one will be bought, plain and simple.
lbjles

Post by lbjles »

So what has these 6 people done to Kelowna that is so awful. Are they not people that are proud to live here, the same as the rest of us. Just because they are successful does that make them evil.
Retrosnap
Board Meister

Post by Retrosnap »

Partmanpartfish wrote:My voting strategy is very simple:

Don't vote for anyone endorsed by Six Privileged Old White Egomaniac Misogynists.

Really? Misogynist? Despite endorsing the existing councillors, which includes Maxine Dehart, Gail Given and Mohini Singh?

How about attaching your real name to this post, and publicly call out these 6 "angry old rich white men" as misogynists, and see if your comment doesn't have you accused of defamation?
35mm photography is a job, medium format is a skill, large format is a way of life.
Mtn Biker
Übergod

Post by Mtn Biker »

jamapple wrote:Because they can't afford to being chased by big money. That is why you will see low voter turnouts,as in the past. No one ever recalls knowing what the outcome was going to be before it even happened? This election, like the last one will be bought, plain and simple.

True.

Shepherd backs out of forums
by Wayne Moore | Story: 125500 - Oct 24, 2014 / 5:00 am

Here lies problem number two. The apparent partisanship of all things media twisting each title block for the ones buying the spaces that pay the bills of the outlets they appear in. For Kelowna. It continues the platform of critical analysis instead of seeing it for what it is, basic common sense. I think, alert people, engaged people, talking over coffee, may say rather than "backs out", as Mr Moore so eloquently dismissed, they say Shepherd stepped up, forward. Demonstrating again that courage should be more important than a publicist.

Is not showing leadership, or even young and fresh thinking, demonstrated best by standing on principle? Obviously given how the UDI event 3 years played out, I'd duck the bullets too. They have their hidden agenda and that's to protect 'Colin the Gray' for an apparent Royal Succession, and other combined councillors alongside that will support his reign.
jamapple
Übergod

Post by jamapple »

lbjles wrote:So what has these 6 people done to Kelowna that is so awful. Are they not people that are proud to live here, the same as the rest of us. Just because they are successful does that make them evil.

No, you're right. Doesn't make them evil at all. It just brings out the inner greed of a select few who, again, will line their pockets instead of doing something that is for the betterment of the community. Also, just as an example, If city council had to vote on making an $800,000 washroom, a "group" of candidates on council would quickly endorse such a project because they have a few "ins" for who would do the contracting, sub contracting as per their "support" in the last election, in which their money and influence helped them to get elected. The project should never have been done in the first place, but, hey, they voted on it right? Not all things good pass a vote. With the wrong people in there, it can, and will become a free for all. Mark my words on that! BTW, if you think they are doing this for the sake of "progress", think again. We all know we need new and upgraded infrastructure and buildings, etc, but another good 'ol boys club just simply isn't the way to go about it. I hope I was clear enough with my example. Please think about this.
jamapple
Übergod

Post by jamapple »

Mtn Biker, you are so right. I like a person that stands up to others, and stands up for us, the people. These guys with their schoolyard bullying, and calling down of others only shows their true colors. If anyone has a problem with someone standing up for something they believe in, vote for For Kelowna, and join their bully club. Everyone has a right to speak at debates. Maybe they should have one and not invite Colin the Gray, and see him *bleep* himself and whine about not getting his say. Don't worry colin, your friends money talks for you!
Partmanpartfish
Übergod

Partmanpartfish wrote:My voting strategy is very simple:

Don't vote for anyone endorsed by Six Privileged Old White Egomaniac Misogynists.

Retrosnap wrote:Really? Misogynist? Despite endorsing the existing councillors, which includes Maxine Dehart, Gail Given and Mohini Singh?

How about attaching your real name to this post, and publicly call out these 6 "angry old rich white men" as misogynists, and see if your comment doesn't have you accused of defamation?

I was not referring to any specific persons or group. I was simply stating a code I follow at all times for all elections at all levels.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

Partmanpartfish wrote:I was not referring to any specific persons or group.

"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Partmanpartfish wrote: I was simply stating a code I follow at all times for all elections at all levels.

Seems like a pretty brain-dead and ill-informed code.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Retrosnap
Board Meister

Post by Retrosnap »

This thread reminds me of this...

http://youtu.be/Qc7HmhrgTuQ
35mm photography is a job, medium format is a skill, large format is a way of life.
Tacklewasher
Übergod

Post by Tacklewasher »

Gotta ask why the hate for 6, succesful business men?

Do you folks really hate business so much?
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Tacklewasher wrote:Gotta ask why the hate for 6, succesful business men?

Do you folks really hate business so much?

yes. Yes they do. They allow their jealousy and envy of anyone who has stuff that they don't have to dictate all facets of their political and personal decisions. Rather than just be happy that someone has made something of themselves thanks to all of the great opportunities our country affords us, these people have to tear down and lob insults like "Misogynists" at them, with no basis whatsoever in these statements, other than pure hatred brought on by sheer jealousy.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Partmanpartfish
Übergod

It would appear to me that it is right-wingers who hate the successful business people, in this case Shepherd, and love the fellow who really hasn't been very successful or accomplished very much.

Right-wingers. They're just full of contradictions.

Personally, I have nothing against any business person. It's attempts to buy elections that bothers me.

Return to “Civic Elections 2014”