Did DWK violate election laws?

Temporary forum for civic elections
occasional thoughts
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Did DWK violate election laws?

Post by occasional thoughts »

Duhh. I'm sorry for the insult, but do you think I/we don't know that. And do you think there is a difference when the issue of the newsletter come out during an election? I do.
Randall T
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Randall T »

waterwings wrote:Guess what? I dug out other newsletters from the DWK over the past 4 years and they all have exactly the same type of photographs. You people are making a mountain out of a molehill.

Exactly. Until the election it's business as usual. If there are any changes come election day, the newsletter will simply have some new faces in it over the next few years. I wonder if the mayor and council even have anything to do with the publication, as it's probably a departmental thing.
I birn quil I se
occasional thoughts
Grand Pooh-bah

How smarmy ... try until the election is called, it is business as usual. After that, certain things fall into place around publicity and election financing.
occasional thoughts
Grand Pooh-bah

For those interested, here is the brush-off reply from DWK; telling me in essence to file a complaint with Victoria if I don't like what was done. Go figure.

(The text of the letter follows.)

Re: Your Letter dated November 4,2014 to the CAO, District of West Kelowna

Thank you for your letter concerning the District of West Kelowna October Newsletter. The District produces a quarterly newsletter available to our residents and distributed as an insert in the District's Utility Billings, on the District's website and at Municipal Hall. The October 2014 newsletter was prepared in the same manner as all previous quarterly newsletters.

Questions surrounding this newsletter in regards to the Local Elections Campaign Financing Act (LECFA) should be directed to Elections BC. Elections BC is responsible for administering the campaign financing and election advertising requirements in LECFA. Elections BC can be contacted at 1-855-952-0280 (toll-free) or by e-mail at

Your request for records that show the "chain of command and their instructions" in relation to the newsletter has been forwarded to the FOI Coordinator for response under the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.

Yours truly,
Chief Election Officer
waterwings
Übergod

Post by waterwings »

Ahhhhh It seems it was an occasional thought that brought up what was intended to be an election issue instead of a quarterly issue of the business in DWK. Until election results are in........... it and will be business as usual and maybe some subjects in the photos will change when another quarterly issue is mailed out.
Randall T
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Randall T »

I was just called "smarmy". Too funny.
I birn quil I se

Return to “Civic Elections 2014”