Go Rosalind Go

Temporary forum for civic elections
occasional thoughts
Grand Pooh-bah

Go Rosalind Go

Post by occasional thoughts »

I received an email from Rosalind Neis today reminding me that she's running for DWK council. I'd been wondering why I had not seen any signs for her out on the roadways until I remember that she prides herself on not spending a penny (or nickel?) on electioneering. While she is all over the map philosophically, she is definitely NOT a politician's politician, and I love her for that, and she has yet to show any such tendency that I'm aware of. For DWK newcomers, Ms. Neis was our first mayor, but she stepped down (and Doug Findlater won the next two elections as mayor) over career and family at the time. She may be the only reason I get out and vote on Nov. 15.
justsaying

Re: Go Rosalind Go

Post by justsaying »

occasional thoughts wrote:I received an email from Rosalind Neis today reminding me that she's running for DWK council. I'd been wondering why I had not seen any signs for her out on the roadways until I remember that she prides herself on not spending a penny (or nickel?) on electioneering. While she is all over the map philosophically, she is definitely NOT a politician's politician, and I love her for that, and she has yet to show any such tendency that I'm aware of. For DWK newcomers, Ms. Neis was our first mayor, but she stepped down (and Doug Findlater won the next two elections as mayor) over career and family at the time. She may be the only reason I get out and vote on Nov. 15.

I do wish however that she had an election Facebook page or at least a website. Although her intentions might be good, it comes across as a bit uninterested.
heather yeats
Fledgling

Post by heather yeats »

Rosalind is someone who works hard to get thing done.

Rosalind just does not buy into the money spending, artificial self promoting that many of the politicians do.
Elect some of them and you will not see or hear from them until the next time to vote.
Elect Rosalind and she is always there to listen and to do her best fro the community.

Rosalind is one of the most refreshing and "Real" people out there. A politician to be proud of. West Kelowna was lucky to have her as it's First Mayor.

I know my family will be voting for Rosalind this time around.
Thanks for standing again Rosalind
occasional thoughts
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by occasional thoughts »

Quick note for justsaying: you're probably right, she should do a bit of social media; I myself have long since quit using facebook given all its highhanded decisions on timelines and who owns what is posted, etc., so it doesn't affect me directly at all, but for most other people, you're probably right. I do know she was out of town for the month of October during the start and heighth of the election, filling in in Prince Rupert as the expert o.r. nurse she is to help them with a severe staff shortage up there . . . so maybe she just couldn't get to it. She topped the aldermanic polls in the first election after she stepped down as mayor, but she was defeated by Mayor Doug in the next election when she ran again and against him for mayor.
iknowican

Post by iknowican »

I would vote for her too if I knew where to vote. Have not received a voting card . Seems late in the day not to have been sent this info esp. if you want to use the advanced poll. Anyone else?
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

GENERAL VOTING will be open to qualified electors of the District of West Kelowna on Saturday, November 15, 2014 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. at the following locations:

George Pringle Elementary School at 3770 Elliott Road,
Constable Neil Bruce Middle School at 2010 Daimler Road
Mar Jok Elementary School at 2101 McDougall Road
Glenrosa Elementary School at 3430 Webber Road

For more information on voter qualifications, how to register when you arrive at the polling station, who's running as candidates and why it's important to vote in the West Kelowna Local Government Election, please see below.

http://www.districtofwestkelowna.ca/ind ... index.aspx
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
iknowican

Post by iknowican »

Thanks for the info. I wonder what the turnout will be. Many people rely on sources of information other than online.

Return to “Civic Elections 2014”