Buddha of the Board

Re: Death in Armstrong

Post by JLives »

"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
Shyann

Post by Shyann »

Yes, it's absolutely awful. The entire town is just heartsick. There have been no leads, they don't seem to know where she was going, who she was going to see or who she was talking to (or they're just not releasing any info). I guess more will be found out today, when the autopsy report comes in as it might define the type of weapon used, if any, but there have been 30+ officers in town, dogs, helicopters, major investigations units, etc etc. So many rumours flying around, but most are being shot down quickly by friends and family, and most sound like they've been made up by reporters to get people talking. My heart goes out to them. How very tragic and heart breaking.
Oxl3y
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Oxl3y »

I hope something really terrible happens to the coward or cowards that did this.
[img] obviously too awesome to be displayed
Phoenix Within
Guru

Post by Phoenix Within »

Shyann wrote:and most sound like they've been made up by reporters to get people talking.

<GASP!> The media wouldn't do something like that, would they? :127: <sarcasm off>
So I love the Okanagan but it's a place best enjoyed from atop a very large pile of $100 bills. - Spocky
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Shyann wrote:There have been no leads, they don't seem to know where she was going, who she was going to see or who she was talking to (or they're just not releasing any info).

They aren't releasing all the info yet... sorry, can't elaborate.

My heart goes out to this girl's family.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

If you can't tell us, why bother telling us that you know something?
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

bob vernon wrote:If you can't tell us, why bother telling us that you know something?

Said couldn't release all the info yet, now more info has been released:

Warning: Murder victim shown in zombie costume before her death
by RCMP - Story: 66881
Nov 3, 2011 / 4:38 pm

"We want to show the public these photographs of Taylor and the jacket she was wearing that evening. The first photograph is a picture of what she looked like dressed as a "zombie" on Halloween evening. We want to make it clear what you see here is her make up in costume for the evening. The second photograph is of the tan jacket she was wearing that evening. We are hoping that this will jog someone’s memory, that they may have seen her or anyone else walking north on the sidewalk of Pleasant Valley Road that evening around this time.
Castanet.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Triple 6

Post by Triple 6 »

bob vernon wrote:If you can't tell us, why bother telling us that you know something?

It's common knowledge that hte Police hold back information from the public. Bits and pcs that only the killer(s) would know.
"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself." -- Josh Billings
mammamoon
Fledgling

Post by mammamoon »

I thought it a bit strange when the story first broke, about how she was late showing up to a party or some gathering, and that her friends and family called the police right away. But then I heard that she supposedly texted her family saying that she was being followed by someone. Thats why they called policy right away, and found her right away. Im so sorry to hear about this young life being snuffed out so viciously and needlessly. I know her family is hurting and whole town of Armstrong and surrounding areas. I hope we are all vigilante and stick together in groups! Lets pray this monster who did this is found soon!
Oxl3y
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Oxl3y »

mammamoon wrote:I thought it a bit strange when the story first broke, about how she was late showing up to a party or some gathering, and that her friends and family called the police right away. But then I heard that she supposedly texted her family saying that she was being followed by someone. Thats why they called policy right away, and found her right away. Im so sorry to hear about this young life being snuffed out so viciously and needlessly. I know her family is hurting and whole town of Armstrong and surrounding areas. I hope we are all vigilante and stick together in groups! Lets pray this monster who did this is found soon!

Freudian slip? Never the less I agree, although it would offer the family no closure (although our court system would not likely offer any more) the P.O.S that did this needs to be disappeared.
[img] obviously too awesome to be displayed
Shyann

Post by Shyann »

aginger1
Board Meister

Post by aginger1 »

Such a Terrible thing to happen to this poor beautiful young girl. It scares me knowing that there is a cold blooded murderer on the loose right now. I hope the police are quick to find the SOAB that is responsible. :purefury:
RockaTaz

Post by RockaTaz »

I am sickened by this story. The small town, the date, the costume, the last text message about being "creeped". Anyone have a reason why the RCMP would hold out on autopsy conclusions?
After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box...
Fritzthecat
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Fritzthecat »

RockaTaz wrote:I am sickened by this story. The small town, the date, the costume, the last text message about being "creeped". Anyone have a reason why the RCMP would hold out on autopsy conclusions?

Withhold info only the killer would know OR to determine the authenticity of leads.
I'm sure they are being swamped with "leads" that contain all the info they've already relased. Some people are glory hounds, wanna be's etc and would love to be connected to this case.
Calling yourself a libertarian today is a lot like wearing a mullet back in the nineteen eighties.
When I feed the poor, they call me a saint, but when I ask why the poor are hungry, they call me a communist. Bishop Hélder Pessoa Câmara

Return to “Central Okanagan”