When the Gestapo comes knocking....

ticat900
Board Meister

Re: When the Gestapo comes knocking....

Post by ticat900 »

KL3-Something wrote:Oh, I see. You are taking the word of the OP as the entire truth about what occurred......gotcha.

You want to talk about being biased and only being able to see one side......

I would love that one day me,you,op and cop could meet at this persons house and read the warrent together and
sort this deal out.I bet you a dollar to a doughnut iam more correct than you think>

NO Idont take the OP word at 100% but based on what happened and the lot I seriously feel the COP lied to get a warrent
KL3-Something
Lord of the Board

Post by KL3-Something »

ticat900 wrote:
KL3-Something wrote:Oh, I see. You are taking the word of the OP as the entire truth about what occurred......gotcha.

I would love that one day me,you,op and cop could meet at this persons house and read the warrent together and
sort this deal out.I bet you a dollar to a doughnut iam more correct than you think>

NO Idont take the OP word at 100% but based on what happened and the lot I seriously feel the COP lied to get a warrent

Well unfortunately the only one here who has the ability to actually find out the details of the situation and the warrant/ITO from the member's perspective is unable to post what they know about it here...... :sillygrin:

By the way, the warrant wouldn't be a very interesting read. It is the ITO that you would want to see to find out if the cop did what you allege he did......And if that cop "seriously" lied in order to get the warrant then that's cops warrant writing days are over.....for good. If a cop lies on an ITO then their credibility is gone for the rest of their career. I simply can't see a cop doing that to simply "show" some woman for telling him to "F-off" as you put it. It isn't worth it.
All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing.

Just to be clear: The opinions expressed above are mine and do not represent those of any other person, class of persons or organization.
ticat900
Board Meister

Post by ticat900 »

KL3-Something wrote:
ticat900 wrote:

Well unfortunately the only one here who has the ability to actually find out the details of the situation and the warrant/ITO from the member's perspective is unable to post what they know about it here...... :sillygrin:

By the way, the warrant wouldn't be a very interesting read. It is the ITO that you would want to see to find out if the cop did what you allege he did......And if that cop "seriously" lied in order to get the warrant then that's cops warrant writing days are over.....for good. If a cop lies on an ITO then their credibility is gone for the rest of their career. I simply can't see a cop doing that to simply "show" some woman for telling him to "F-off" as you put it. It isn't worth it.

I know a women who was involved in the vernon court systems for 30 + years and she told me more than once how bad cops lie on warrents and also testifying in court
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

ticat900 wrote:I know a women who was involved in the vernon court systems for 30 + years and she told me more than once how bad cops lie on warrents and also testifying in court

well that settles it then. So she is a career criminal?
You and 71 others Like this post
ticat900
Board Meister

Post by ticat900 »

LANDM wrote:
ticat900 wrote:I know a women who was involved in the vernon court systems for 30 + years and she told me more than once how bad cops lie on warrents and also testifying in court

If your trying out for a new job as a comedian dont quit your day job just yet
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

ticat900 wrote:
LANDM wrote:

If your trying out for a new job as a comedian dont quit your day job just yet

:coffeecanuck:
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
BoB76
Guru

Post by BoB76 »

Something smells like vegatative marijuana!
You can't fix stupid........BUT you can dress them up and over pay them to teach your kids!
albertabound
Board Meister

Post by albertabound »

I have never read more BS in my life then this storey about the cops. Sounds like another dopehead claiming
to be wronged.
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

Kl3- Can you clear some things up for me as I am a little confused. I had always thought that police smelling MJ was grounds for an ITO. You said it is not. If the attending officer claimed he smelled MJ from the front door, and the subsequent media report indicated the warrant was based on the smell of "vegatative MJ", what were the grounds for the warrant? Further, as vegatative MJ is clearly referring to live growing plants, and supported by the warrant that the search was for the production of a controlled substance (a grow op), and neither live plants or an active growing set up were found, does this not negate the validity of the warrant? In my mind, finding an old bag of skanky shake should not be an "aha" moment and justify an intrusion for the search for something they were looking for and clearly never found. It looks as though the bag of shake is the default item that prevents a lawsuit against the police and justifies the response. What would the result be if that little bag had not been found?
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
ticat900
Board Meister

Post by ticat900 »

albertabound wrote:I have never read more BS in my life then this storey about the cops. Sounds like another dopehead claiming
to be wronged.

Who knows? After reading the very first OP story its hard to make the exact call on this one.However with as many stupid police officers running around doing stupid idiotic things these days it anybody guess on this one.
I have met some awefull dumb self centered cops in the last 10 years and they never used to be that way
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

twobits wrote:Kl3- Can you clear some things up for me as I am a little confused. I had always thought that police smelling MJ was grounds for an ITO. You said it is not. If the attending officer claimed he smelled MJ from the front door, and the subsequent media report indicated the warrant was based on the smell of "vegatative MJ", what were the grounds for the warrant? Further, as vegatative MJ is clearly referring to live growing plants, and supported by the warrant that the search was for the production of a controlled substance (a grow op), and neither live plants or an active growing set up were found, does this not negate the validity of the warrant? In my mind, finding an old bag of skanky shake should not be an "aha" moment and justify an intrusion for the search for something they were looking for and clearly never found. It looks as though the bag of shake is the default item that prevents a lawsuit against the police and justifies the response. What would the result be if that little bag had not been found?

KL won't go into that. This odor would have been part of the grounds ITO, there would have been alot more to this. Showing up at the JP's house or court house :digging: stating I smelled a grow op won't get you a warrant, trust me!! There's alot more to this story then meets the eye.
gordon_as
Lord of the Board

Post by gordon_as »

ford150

Post by ford150 »

gordon_as wrote:http://www.castanet.net/news/Vernon/69521/Knock-Knock-it-s-the-cops
http://www.castanet.net/edition/news-st ... .htm#82949

check out the similar , yet different addresses.

Probably 100 grow ops in that hood whats your point?
gordon_as
Lord of the Board

Post by gordon_as »

Was thinking that when they went to the 1000 block of Mt Baldur last spring , perhaps they had meant be in the 1000 block of Mt. Begbie.

Middleton is a pretty nice "hood"
ford150

Post by ford150 »

gordon_as wrote:Was thinking that when they went to the 1000 block of Mt Baldur last spring , perhaps they had meant be in the 1000 block of Mt. Begbie.

Middleton is a pretty nice "hood"

Ok im with ya now. Yes its nice and the perfect cover for a grow op. People think its the low end hoods but guess again its probably nest door. 1 in 5 houses in the Okanagan are grow ops. Go for a walk at night and that skunk smell isnt always from skunks. they had a story on this on CBC this morning http://www.cbc.ca/daybreaksouth/#igImgId_54896

Return to “Central Okanagan”