Gotcha! Driving while texting or talking on phone

Home of the traffic rant.
36Drew
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Gotcha! Driving while texting or talking on phone

Post by 36Drew »

WhatThe wrote:Curious just how distracted You are while having your passenger snaps photos...

Absolutely no distraction at all. I barely even know that she's taken a pic exactly because I'm paying attention to the road. Most of the pics she took in fact didn't turn out exactly because I was paying attention to the road.

This weekend, I'm going to try taking photos off the side of the road (sidewalk, in case some pretentious pratt decides to argue). Weather permitting, of course.
I'd like to change your mind, but I don't have a fresh diaper.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Just a quick question, I have no problem showing these pics on here, but can you actually show their faces without them being blacked out?
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
36Drew
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by 36Drew »

Dizzy1 wrote:Just a quick question, I have no problem showing these pics on here, but can you actually show their faces without them being blacked out?

Jo will need to clarify, but basically she's given permission as long as license plates are blanked out and there's no disparaging commentary about the specific driver (ie., no name calling regarding a specific photo).
36Drew
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by 36Drew »

Hi guys - need to apologize. I didn't get out this weekend. Work called me into the office for some emergency work, and the office is in Kamloops - not very conducive to taking photos about town here. I will be taking time this coming weekend, however, to take more pics. I'm thinking of setting up shop on a sidewalk or two (and a tripod) and see how that works.
dodgerdodge
Lord of the Board

Post by dodgerdodge »

This thread is becoming a bit dull already. :skippingsheep:

Anyone else out taking photos?
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

I have witnessed many infractions over the past few days but was driving alone and unable to take a snapshot but the guy I saw on Saturday driving north on 97 around Richter when I saw him was priceless.

He was driving a newer black F-150, texting, speeding and driving in the HOV lane which he stayed in until Spall I think. If that doesn't say screw you, i don't know what does
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
cutter7
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by cutter7 »

36Drew wrote:Hi guys - need to apologize. I didn't get out this weekend. Work called me into the office for some emergency work, and the office is in Kamloops - not very conducive to taking photos about town here. I will be taking time this coming weekend, however, to take more pics. I'm thinking of setting up shop on a sidewalk or two (and a tripod) and see how that works.

Hahahaha wow! Nothing better to do with your free time?
StraitTalk
Lord of the Board

Post by StraitTalk »

Gotcha!
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i240/ ... G_0828.jpg
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i240/ ... G_0830.jpg

Tanning Business plastered to the back window to boot. You should be ashamed.
Roadster
Time waster at work

Post by Roadster »

Is that a dog helping her steer while she Yaps?

Nice guilty look in the second shot :dyinglaughing:
♥ You and 98 other users LIKE this post
dodgerdodge
Lord of the Board

Post by dodgerdodge »

Roadster wrote:Is that a dog helping her steer while she Yaps?

Nice guilty look in the second shot :dyinglaughing:

I think anyone who drives with their dog on their lap is showing their complete lack of love and respect for their pet. If an accident occurred the pet would get badly injured or killed especially if the air bag is deployed. You wouldn't drive around town with your baby on your lap so why do it with your dog.
This is something i think we should also be getting tough on.
Roadster
Time waster at work

Post by Roadster »

dodgerdodge wrote:
I think anyone who drives with their dog on their lap is showing their complete lack of love and respect for their pet. If an accident occurred the pet would get badly injured or killed especially if the air bag is deployed. You wouldn't drive around town with your baby on your lap so why do it with your dog.
This is something i think we should also be getting tough on.

I totally agree, they can be in the way of the wheel too and cause others hurt should you need both hands on the wheel in a hurry,,, which they should always be anyway or at least free of animals and other things.
Look how her elbow is trapped behind the dog in the first pic,,, What, drop the phone, push the dog out of the way then fight for your life? If this was a test she just killed someone and failed her test. She has no right to be on the road that way. She is the type who should ride a bus or a bike.
I sure hope she doesnt teach her own kids to drive,, we are screwed if she does.

Good shots StraitTalk.
♥ You and 98 other users LIKE this post
36Drew
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by 36Drew »

cutter7 wrote:Hahahaha wow! Nothing better to do with your free time?

I actually do plenty with my free time, some of it trying to make a small difference.

On a side note - sidewalk shots suck. Sun glare and tinted windows make for crappy photos.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

Lol, Drew. You need a nice zoom, maybe? Or maybe try parking in a corner lot where you can clearly see into vehicles with the sun coming from behind you? I was in the Willow Park Plaza parking lot at Hollywood and Hwy 33 last week (ice cream cone time) and could have gotten dozens of shots of people on their cells talking and texting while driving on Hollywood up to that intersection. Actually, people in moving vehicles in parking lots are fair game, too - and they are easier shots because they are going slower. Turn your flash on - it freezes action.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Verminator
Board Meister

Post by Verminator »

grammafreddy wrote:Lol, Drew. You need a nice zoom, maybe? Or maybe try parking in a corner lot where you can clearly see into vehicles with the sun coming from behind you? I was in the Willow Park Plaza parking lot at Hollywood and Hwy 33 last week (ice cream cone time) and could have gotten dozens of shots of people on their cells talking and texting while driving on Hollywood up to that intersection. Actually, people in moving vehicles in parking lots are fair game, too - and they are easier shots because they are going slower. Turn your flash on - it freezes action.

Good advice gramma, but I'd like to add a few things. If your camera has a threaded lens barrel, adding a polarizing filter will reduce or even eliminate reflections in car windows. Setting your camera's ISO to around 400 and using the aperture priority mode with a high numerical setting, f/8 for example, will almost always guarantee a high enough shutter speed to stop action in good light without resorting to flash. Most built-in flashes have a pretty limited range in daylight anyway. The higher numerical aperture value also provides for greater depth of field, keeping more of your picture in focus. That way we can see the perp's face more clearly even though the camera might actually be focusing on the car itself. Now let's get out there and hunt those scofflaws down! :photoop:
I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death.
George Carlin
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

grammafreddy wrote:Lol, Drew. You need a nice zoom, maybe? Or maybe try parking in a corner lot where you can clearly see into vehicles with the sun coming from behind you? I was in the Willow Park Plaza parking lot at Hollywood and Hwy 33 last week (ice cream cone time) and could have gotten dozens of shots of people on their cells talking and texting while driving on Hollywood up to that intersection. Actually, people in moving vehicles in parking lots are fair game, too - and they are easier shots because they are going slower. Turn your flash on - it freezes action.

Prefect location 2 story right next Harvey (Harvey & Ellis) as long as the dentist does not mind. lol
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”